| "My grandfather on my dad's side died when I was in high school. He used to always read to my cousin and I when we were children. He would tell us stories from history and was one of the smartest and funniest people I've ever known. He died on the table receiving heart surgery; a coronary bi-pass. He was Jewish and the last thing he said to the surgeon before they put him under was "be sure you use a kosher knife". He was cracking jokes all the way to the end." |
—LCF, Asheville, NC
When Will Your Friends Die?
Interesting Facts About Death
- In America, the average life span for males is 72.5 years
- The average for females is 77.1
- On earth, someone dies every 2 seconds or so.
- So far, the only proven way to extend the human life span is by slowing the metabolism with a calorie-restricted diet—consuming less than 1200 calories a day!
- The oldest person on record was 124 when she died!
- The youngest was just 1.2 seconds old.
- Blue whales can live more than 500 years, due to the slowing arctic waters.
- An adult mayfly usually lives less 24 hours.
- All members of the species of mouse commonly used in lab experiments, mus musculus musculus, are genetically identical and to some degree share memories of other mice’s past lives.
Stop wasting the time you have left Take The OkCupid Death Test
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.