| "I don't have people dear to me who are dead-- I mean, my grandma was important to me, but I didn't know her much before she died. I remember once she taught me how to fold a crane, but I forgot nearly immediately afterward. I liked doing crafts with her that summer; and my mom says I would like her a lot. I know she was interested in a lot of cool crafty things, and I wish I'd been able to know her more. " |
—KPK, Eugene, Oregon, USA
When Will Your Friends Die?
Interesting Facts About Death
- In America, the average life span for males is 72.5 years
- The average for females is 77.1
- On earth, someone dies every 2 seconds or so.
- So far, the only proven way to extend the human life span is by slowing the metabolism with a calorie-restricted diet—consuming less than 1200 calories a day!
- The oldest person on record was 124 when she died!
- The youngest was just 1.2 seconds old.
- Blue whales can live more than 500 years, due to the slowing arctic waters.
- An adult mayfly usually lives less 24 hours.
- All members of the species of mouse commonly used in lab experiments, mus musculus musculus, are genetically identical and to some degree share memories of other mice’s past lives.
Stop wasting the time you have left Take The OkCupid Death Test
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.