| "My Aunt Rose. She was real sweetie. She maintained an innocent affect, but she was mischievous. She always made me laugh and smile. I miss her. She was 96 y/o when she died.
"whenever my mom would go to the hospital to have 1 of my siblings.. my late-papaw would babysit me and sit up at night when i couldn't sleep and he'd take with me til i'd get to sleep."
—cb, hendersonville, nc
"i loved my grandmother, but it happened a long time ago."
—KS, New York, NY
"My mother's ex husband was my best friend for 20 years. We did many things together and I loved him and he was like a father to me"
"my uncle was an amazing man an artist truly kind and giving"
When Will Your Friends Die?
Interesting Facts About Death
- In America, the average life span for males is 72.5 years
- The average for females is 77.1
- On earth, someone dies every 2 seconds or so.
- So far, the only proven way to extend the human life span is by slowing the metabolism with a calorie-restricted diet—consuming less than 1200 calories a day!
- The oldest person on record was 124 when she died!
- The youngest was just 1.2 seconds old.
- Blue whales can live more than 500 years, due to the slowing arctic waters.
- An adult mayfly usually lives less 24 hours.
- All members of the species of mouse commonly used in lab experiments, mus musculus musculus, are genetically identical and to some degree share memories of other mice’s past lives.
Stop wasting the time you have left Take The OkCupid Death Test