** I usually do not message to OKCupid members, but only rate them. The reason is simple, although I always write individual messages instead of copy&pasted templates, I usually do not get replies, so I will make it obvious for you: If I rate you with a "Like/Star" (back in the days, it used to be 4-5 stars..yeah, I'm an old member here), it means I liked your profile and would like to hear from you. if you visit back and do not rate or write back, it means you didn't like my profile..end of story..and life goes on **
I'm 100% of Chinese roots, but born and raised in Peru.
I was raised Catholic, but I got tired of the lies and hypocrisy and turned into a pragmatic agnostic (also known as apathetic agnosticism). I would rather stay this way, but If I had to choose a new religion, I would go for Buddhism.
I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering. My first real job was as a webmaster, database & email administrator and later CIO (Chief Information Officer) at a Scientific Radar Station which studies the high atmosphere, more specifically, a Radio-Observatory. All that science and research was Greek to me (plasma density, solar winds, Spread-F and electrojet were topics of a daily conversation), but I quickly assimilated. Although I liked my working place and was proud on what I was doing for society, I disliked my career. Having to solve someone else's problems, becoming outdated so fast and staying awake late at night to fix a server wasn't for me. I quit my job and career. Turned 180 degrees away from computers and joined my dad in his business.
I used to collect stamps, matchboxes, airplane models & Board games. Nowadays, I collect banknotes and PC games. I have started collecting coins a few months ago too.
I'm left handed and shortsighted. Would it really matter anyways?
I am very logical like a Vulcan, I do not do things just because everybody else does them. I do not follow society rules or etiquette. I do not consider myself a black sheep as I see society as sheep themselves, I'm just myself, an individual. I'm not an Aspie though, as I can love very intensively and I consider very sensible too.
I'm not the stereotypical male:
- I do not drink at all and hate cigarette smoke. I don't even drink coffee but that's OK if you do (OK with the coffee or social drinking, NOT OK with smoking). I do drink champagne during weddings though, I like the taste and feeling (it's like a soda with alcohol) but besides special events, you won't see me drinking.
- I like sports but I do not become a zombie if there is a match on TV. The remote control is not an extension of my arm. I don't watch local football and I actually hate it, but I would watch European football from time to time. I do like the NFL though. I like the N.Y. Giants & the Oakland Raiders. I would also watch rugby if the All Blacks are playing.
- I do not have "buddies": no drinking, nor poker nor pool buddies. I just have friends.
- I do not have hidden lovers or friends with benefits. If you want to become one, then you'll be THE and only one.
- I'm not a jealous nor obsessive person, it's all about trusting each other.
Also, I'm not a conservative Asian, therefore my family won´t disown me for dating a non Chinese girl. I'm not usually attracted to Asian girls anyways ( though I have found several Japanese or Korean girls attractive before, so it all depends!). I like Caucasians or Latinas.
My Myers-Briggs personality Test: ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging). Being a sensitive but rational person, I have a slight S that could be N too (iNtuitive) so I could be a INTJ too. Definition: are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists who enjoy keeping their lives and environments well-regulated. Typically reserved and serious individuals.