1. I consider myself an introvert, but some have disagreed with this — I also love meeting new people and having long, interesting conversations. Anyway, I do date extraverts.
2. I've been a vegetarian since I was 10. Don't worry, I get plenty of protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. (I just had a nutritional screening.) I recently decided to make an exception for oysters, mussels, and clams.
3. I want to prioritize being happy and well-adjusted (which applies to myself and others). I've seen too many bright, original people hold themselves back with neurosis and angst.
4. I'm half-Jewish as far as ethnicity, but I'm not at all religious. Jewishness isn't very important to me, but it seems to be a topic of great interest on dating sites, so there you go.
5. I don't care very much about conforming to gender roles, nor do I define myself in opposition to them. I basically think people should live life the way they want to. Why would you waste even one minute of your life worrying about whether someone else thinks you meet expectations about what someone with your type of body is supposed to be like, when you could have spent that time focusing on something more important?
6. I'm somewhat different from most men, at least in that I have zero interest in sports.
7. Politically, you could describe me as an amalgam of liberal and libertarian. I've generally voted for Democrats for President, and plan on voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (unless Al Gore or Russ Feingold runs), but I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012. Just so you know upfront: if you have a strict ideological or partisan litmus test, I probably won't pass it!
8. I tend to think and talk in paragraphs rather than sentences.