1. I consider myself an introvert, but some have disagreed with this — I also love meeting new people and having long, interesting conversations. Anyway, I do date extraverts.
2. I've been a vegetarian since I was 10. Don't worry, I get plenty of protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. (I just had a nutritional screening.) I recently decided to make an exception for oysters, mussels, and clams. I've dated meat-eaters and vegetarians, and I've never found this to make any difference as far as dating.
3. I want to prioritize being happy and well-adjusted (which applies to myself and others). I've seen too many bright, original people hold themselves back with neurosis and angst.
4. I'm half-Jewish as far as ethnicity, but I'm not at all religious. Jewishness isn't very important to me, but it seems to be a topic of great interest on dating sites, so there you go.
5. I don't care very much about conforming to gender roles, nor do I define myself in opposition to them. I basically think people should live life the way they want to. Why would you waste even one minute of your life worrying about whether someone else thinks you meet expectations about what someone with your type of body is supposed to be like, when you could have spent that time focusing on something more important?
6. I'm somewhat different from most men, at least in that I have zero interest in sports.
7. I find OKCupid's questions pretty useful in general, but I take issue with their description of my "personality" as "more submissive" than usual. I won't submit to that description! Perhaps they put that label on me because I'm a big believer in equality, causing me to seem less dominant than average.
8. Politically, you could describe me as an amalgam of liberal and libertarian. I've generally voted for Democrats for President, and plan on voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (unless Al Gore or Russ Feingold runs), but I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012. Just to be upfront: if you have a strict ideological or partisan litmus test, I probably won't pass it.
9. I have a healthy fear of heights. I also see that many women of OKCupid seem to spend a lot of their time climbing rocks or jumping out of the sky. Sorry, you won't find me up there with you!
10. I tend to think and talk in paragraphs rather than sentences.