1. I consider myself an introvert, yet at the same time I'm pretty social and I love having interesting conversations.
2. I'm a big Beatles fan, and when I watched this video of tons of people picking between "Lennon or McCartney," I realized I'd have to pick McCartney. But it's OK if you'd pick Lennon. If you prefer the Stones to the Beatles, that could be more of an issue...
3. I've been a vegetarian since I was 10. Don't worry, I get plenty of protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. (I just had a nutritional screening.) I recently decided to make an exception for oysters, mussels, and clams.
4. At some point I decided to prioritize being happy and well-adjusted (which applies to myself and others). I've seen too many bright, original people hold themselves back with neurosis and angst.
5. I'm half-Jewish as far as ethnicity, but I'm not religious.
6. I don't care very much about conforming to gender roles, nor do I define myself in opposition to them. I basically think people should live life the way they want to. Why would you waste even one minute of your life worrying about whether someone else thinks you meet expectations about what someone with your type of body is supposed to be like, when you could have spent that time focusing on something more important?
7. Politically, you could describe me as an amalgam of liberal and libertarian. Just to be upfront: if you have a strict ideological or partisan litmus test, I probably won't pass it. However, we don't have to talk about politics.
8. I'm a big believer in equality. Anyone who answered "yes" to "Is homosexuality a sin?" should move onto the next profile, because anyone who has a problem with my friends and family has a problem with me.
9. I'm into grammar — I'm kind of a language nerd.
10. I no longer have the facial hair in my first two photos, or the glasses in my last two photos. Lately I've been freeing my face of obstructions.
Movies: Woody Allen, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Back to the Future (I know what I'll be doing on October 21, 2015!), classic comedies.
TV: The Office (US), Shameless, Flight of the Conchords, Seinfeld, Stella, The State, Arrested Development, I'm Alan Partridge, Saxondale. (Those last two are both British sitcoms starring Steve Coogan — I've been delving into his work after seeing him in the movie The Trip.)
Music: I'm open to almost anything, and I don't worry about picking music to fit my personality. I love jazz, rock, Motown, and classical. A few favorites: the Beatles, Queen, Stevie Wonder, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, Leonard Cohen, Prince, Cyndi Lauper, Tori Amos, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, Regina Spektor, St. Vincent, Grizzly Bear, the Postal Service, Lorde...
Food: butternut squash, mushrooms, red peppers, asparagus, risotto, gnocchi. I love most vegetables, and I'm willing to try anything as long as it's vegetarian or bivalve (oysters, mussels, clams).
Given that the cells in your body are entirely replaced every 7 years, can you really say you're still the same person?
Why doesn't everyone step aside and let everyone off the subway before they get on the train? Don't they notice that it saves everyone's time, including their own?
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Why does OKCupid allow you to change your date of birth?
You're independent, resilient, able to cope with life. Your profile says something about you that's more distinctive than that you like to have fun and love to laugh. You're someone who thinks about how your actions affect those you might never meet. You can handle a man with opinions. You're on here not just to look at pixels but to meet a real person.
Race is not important!