New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
34 • New York, NY • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 21–99
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 6:24am
- Middle Eastern, White
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m)
- Body type
- Mostly vegetarian
- Agnosticism, but not too serious about it
- Graduated from law school
- Doesn’t have kids
- English, French (Poorly), Italian (Poorly)
1. I consider myself an introvert, but some have disagreed with this — I also love meeting new people and having long, interesting conversations.
2. I'm a big Beatles fan, and when I watched this video of tons of people picking between "Lennon or McCartney," I realized I'd have to pick McCartney. But it's OK if you'd pick Lennon. If you prefer the Stones to the Beatles, that could be more of an issue...
3. I've been a vegetarian since I was 10. Don't worry, I get plenty of protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. (I just had a nutritional screening.) I recently decided to make an exception for oysters, mussels, and clams. I've dated meat-eaters and vegetarians, and I've never found this to make any difference.
4. I want to prioritize being happy and well-adjusted (which applies to myself and others). I've seen too many bright, original people hold themselves back with neurosis and angst.
5. I'm half-Jewish as far as ethnicity (that's why I included "Middle Eastern" under "race"), but I'm not religious.
6. I don't care very much about conforming to gender roles, nor do I define myself in opposition to them. I basically think people should live life the way they want to. Why would you waste even one minute of your life worrying about whether someone else thinks you meet expectations about what someone with your type of body is supposed to be like, when you could have spent that time focusing on something more important?
7. Since OKCupid has eliminated the "most private thing I'm willing to tell you" question, I'll answer it here: I've been on this site since 2006. I'm not sure if that's an endorsement or the site or an indictment.
8. Politically, you could describe me as an amalgam of liberal and libertarian. Here's a recent political conversation with a friend, for instance ("J" = me). (You might not be able to click that link if you're on a smartphone app.) Just to be upfront: if you have a strict ideological or partisan litmus test, I probably won't pass it.
9. I'm a big believer in equality. Anyone who answered "yes" to "Is homosexuality a sin?" should move onto the next profile, because anyone who has a problem with my friends and family has a problem with me.
10. I like grammar — I'm kind of a language nerd.
11. I have a healthy fear of heights. I also see that many women of OKCupid seem to spend a lot of their time climbing rocks or jumping out of the sky. Sorry, you won't find me up there with you!
12. I tend to think and talk in paragraphs rather than sentences.
"There is a sensitivity in the way you interact with the world."
"I wish I could put your sense of reason in a bottle and serve it to people."
"John, you're such an extraordinarily generous and keen observer that you make your friends feel famous and special just for having been the subject of your attention at some point in their lives. It's such a gift."
Back when I had a blog that I regularly updated, one of my readers wrote this about me: "He has a sensitivity to the limits of men knowing Truth, together with a courage to push those limits in many areas."
Oh, and a friend recently described me as "cool," but I have to disagree — I'm really a huge nerd...
Movies: Woody Allen, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Back to the Future (I know what I'll be doing on October 21, 2015!), classic comedies.
TV: Shameless, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Seinfeld, Stella, The State, Arrested Development, I'm Alan Partridge, Saxondale. (Those last two are both British sitcoms starring Steve Coogan — I've been delving into his work after seeing him in the movie The Trip.)
Music: I'm open to almost anything, and I don't worry about picking music to fit my personality or the times. I love jazz, rock, Motown, and classical. A few favorites: the Beatles, Queen, Stevie Wonder, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, Leonard Cohen, Prince, Cyndi Lauper, Tori Amos, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, Regina Spektor, St. Vincent, Grizzly Bear, the Postal Service, Lorde...
Food: butternut squash, mushrooms, red peppers, asparagus, risotto, gnocchi. I love vegetables (except green beans), and I'm willing to try anything as long as it's vegetarian or bivalve.
Given that the cells in your body are entirely replaced every 7 years, can you really say you're still the same person?
Why do so many of you love the Oxford comma so much?
You're independent, resilient, able to cope with life. Your profile says something about you that's more distinctive than that you like to have fun and love to laugh. You're someone who thinks about how your actions affect those you might never meet. You step aside and let everyone off the subway before you get onto the train (saving everyone's time, including your own). You can handle a man with opinions. You're on here not just to stare at pixels but to meet a real person.
Race is not important!
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.