I feel fortunate to live the life I do. I'm eternally curious and abhor drama. I'm not an E, but tend to be able to talk to just about anyone. I exercise, so that I can indulge. I work in SF FiDi and live in Menlo Park. I've visited lots of places and try to go to a new one each year. I find that outdoor landscapes are increasingly more rejuvenating and hiked through Joshua Park, Bryce, & Zion last year. If 10 years ago, someone had told me I would take a trip to just go hiking, I would not have believed it. I hope to share my love of travel with my nieces and take them anywhere they want to go after they turn 13. I am a sapiophile, gourmand with wanderlust.
I need quiet time to recharge, but have more friends/family globally than I can keep up with. I like people with things to teach me, who roll easily with the punches, and are considerate of others; we are luckier than most people in the world. I prefer direct communication; if I could read minds, I wouldn't be here... Haha.
I try to live like the song, "I Hope You Dance" and the poem Instantes, except for the religious parts.
As much as I would love to meet someone to share my life with, I am not in a rush.
I get a kick out of self-discovery (therefore the number of questions answered and the Okc tests, however vapid). A lot can be done while waiting in line for tea.
- making new acquaintances feel comfortable
- not panicking in a crisis
If I had to guess, in this country, it might be my ethnicity ...
- independent & foreign films, thought-provoking sci fi, some fantasy, espionage, some action, and period films. I don't really have favorite movies, but have enjoyed anything by Joss Whedon, Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, Clint Eastwood. I don't care for horror films or gratuitous violence, except the likes of Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, which adds to the film.
- love all cuisines and am in search of new creations all the time
- most recently read: Superfreakonomics, Speaker of the Dead, the NY Times online, Tech Crunch.
- Shows I've enjoyed over time include: Jacque Pepin cooking shows, what not to wear (my version of reality show ... Love the ugly duckling to swan transformation from the inside out), 30 Rock, Blacklist, Dexter, Firefly, Twin Peaks, Suits, Lost Girl, Buffy,Two and a Half Men (with Sheen), Star Trek - Next Gen, Elementary, West Wing
- love of family/friends
- intellectual stimulation/meaningful contribution to society
- quality of life... the means and ability to do the things I enjoy (e.g., gastronomy, travel, learning, skiing, dancing, hiking ...)
- affection, when I have a partner
..... Hmmm ... I cheated a bit
- the next trip I want to take
- how to do things faster, better, cheaper
- don't smoke cigarettes,
- are *not* polyamorous (which seems utopian and I wish I were so evolved, but I'm not)
- are single, meaning you are not attached in some *other* person's mind (you'd be surprised at what I've been told passes for "single"),
- are living near me, meaning you are living most of the year somewhere in SF or on the peninsula ... points along hwy 85 are fine (don't like to commute for my personal life)
- think we might have fun and/or interesting conversations.
Polyglots and polymaths welcome :-)
Wishing happiness and love to all!