Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Please visit the "Photos" tab first for a detailed self-summary.
No, I don't sport scruff all the time. It just so happens that most
of my photos are of me traveling, when I'm less likely to bother
spending time to shave. It's vacation, after all!
Traveling is my primary pleasure. I've visited a few places in the
US, mostly in CA, AZ, and western NM for camping adventures, and a
few other cities in TX and the DMV area. Some international
destinations as well - Canada, UAE (Dubai), Peru, Chile, Singapore,
and my homeland.
Future plans include:
- Mexico City (2015)
- Iceland (2016)
- Turkey (2017)
Food is a secondary pleasure. I enjoy restaurants and cafes such as
DaoFu and Mission Cafe. Fresh, simple, well-, but not over-seasoned
meals elegantly presented are awesome. Once in a while, I try to
cook such meals too. Leisurely cooking is relaxation - much like
painting. I have a general idea of where I'm going, but I cook by
sensations (fragrance, taste, appearance) and not by recipe. Of
course, this will fail miserably with baking. Needless to say, I
don't bake much. However, I was successful baking basic white bread
and cinnamon swirl bread - they were both delicious.
And finally, my pets are my joy. There's nothing in the world like
coming home after a long work day and being greeted by pets who are
happy to see you. Well, at least they act like it.
Forget about being born a poor black child - I faced much worse. I
was born at a very young age!
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Dealing with crap every-single-day. No, really! Wastewater (sewage
included) treatment processes and other engineering tasks. But no,
I don't typically need to touch the stuff. I have a desk job,
mostly. Contractors do the dirty stuff - I tell them what to
Paying the bills and providing the basics for my pets and myself.
And managing to save a few pennies here and there to indulge in
somewhat frequent travel both within and outside the country.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Being someone else. C'mon! You don't appreciate cliche-bashing?
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
- Russell Peters (comedian). Look him up.
- "The Paradox of Choice" (YouTube or TED, watch from 14:00
--- Apply above to dating. Be happy.
- Greg Palast's "The best democracy money can buy" (book).
- Baraka (Movie. Nothing to do with Barack. But do watch it.)
- Sideways (the movie). Good.
- The Birdcage (movie. RIP Robin Williams). Awesome.
- DaoFu (Join me there for dinner?)
- Mission Cafe (The best breakfast in SD, in my opinion.)
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Perfectly complement the other 94. Or perhaps it's the other 994. I
think they've complemented but never complimented the other 94 or
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- Global warming, lunch, and my next vacation. Thx OKC.
- Whether anyone on here actually responds to messages.
- What's the difference between "wilderness" and "the wild"?
- Can religion and world peace coexist?
- Why I can't find anyone here who hates to laugh.
- What SD singles would do If Potato Chip Rock crumbled. Right?
- zOMG! You're an SD native! How rare! You do exist !!! (Faints a
la Santa in the M&M commercial.)
- The number of aunties on this site. I typically don't need to
read the caption on your photo. I know it's your
- Why there are so many cats and tacos on this site.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Getting my party on with Netflix and take out.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- You're feeling generous and want to respond to my message.
- You want travel tips even if you want nothing else to do with
- You want to comment on my profile.
- You hate laughing - I'd really love to meet you. I'm
- You don't idealize relationships because you realize they will be
imperfect and you know they will need (some) effort.
- Just because.
- Anything else.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.