Let's face it, most are pretty much the same. It seems like the entire world is positive, loyal, affectionate, honest, laughs, likes music, walks, travels, likes outdoors, and of course the reliable "down to earth". Is there a human who doesn't like to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie? I had to stop going to the beach because it's been so overcrowded with people who have met on the internet!
Shouldn't it be about who we are deep inside and what we each want?
Here is a chunk of my insides:
Peace loving natural holistic spiritual libertarian old hippie with a NY attitude northwestern mellowness vivid imagination quasi crazy (according to society) completely sane (in the eyes of the sovereign-minded) somewhat kinky very adventurous but there's no place like home kind of guy.
They laugh at me because I am so different. I laugh at them because they are all the same.
There is no box. Faith (not religion) and hedonism carry me through each day. The faith part is not something to talk about, just something to try to live. Have strong belief in karma and forgiveness (including self). My short-term goal is to try to remember why I went into that room. My long-term goal is to become the person my dog thought I was.
Also have a belief in the private over the public sector. Humans will never solve the world's problems so long as we continue to believe that government has the solutions. They are just another big business (the biggest actually).
Otherwise, my life is about learning, exploration, adventure, production, fun....and a few beers every now and then. The universe is freaking amazing and I want to learn why....
I asked my close friend to give me some personal descriptions. Here's what he said...the embellishments are mine:
• Hard worker…I do take lots of breaks
• Complain when it’s too hot or too cold...ok above 40 up to 92.3
• When it comes to money, I pay attention...agree
• Loud eater...what can I say, I love good food!
• Picky about a lot of things…..food, exercise, who I consider to be my friends, relationships, values, spiritual beliefs, etc....
• Traveller…there’s a difference between someone who wants to travel and someone who does travel (or is willing to learn).
• Actively searching for Shangri-La...see too hot or cold above
• Get excited about simple things...the most important things in life aren't things
• At times a dominant macho side comes out….true, but I can also be subordinate and follow orders when need be (or asked to)
• Like to figure things out….not bad at it either
• Overly optimistic...I actually believe the world will be ok when the sheeple wake up (it will get worse first)
• Take very good care of myself with lots of exercise, organic foods, and personal vices...hedonism should be fun
• If I’m not on time I’m probably dead...the dead part won’t happen more than once
• I always get my own jokes
What do I really want in a relationship?
6% Can't we all just get along (have fun, play nice, and enjoy the day)
6% I cook, you clean (or vice versa)
6% Will let me drive when I want (including the remote), but we will always agree on what to watch and where we are going.
6% Libertarian Beliefs
6% Simple lifestyle (country-living)
6% Wake up smiling
6% A real best friend. (A friend will bail you out of jail, a best friend will be sitting there next to you saying, "Wow that was fun”)
6% Clean up after yourself
6% Spiritual Connection (feel comfortable telling each other what we really think and believe)
6% The natural look over glamor
6% Tell me what you want (I don’t read minds very well)
8% Take Good Care Of Yourself (I try my best)
8% A beast in bed (you don't always have to play nice here)
17.99% CHEMISTRY I don’t get this one at all. I have had girlfriends everyone thought was a knockout to friends pulling me aside saying “really”? I just want attraction and connection. I am the beholder here.
Yes, I know what it adds up to, I just wanted to give you a little breathing room.
What I Hope My Woman Wants:
16% make me laugh (if you haven't at least smiled by now, we are not a match...)
14.777% pursue your own goals and desires
10.0% to feel safe and protected (always)
14.97% physical attraction
14.99% friendship, confidante, etc
15.69% great sex
6.66% let the devil come out and play
13% everything else (what that means is that sometimes I have no idea what makes you do the things you do, but that’s part of what makes you who you are)
How did I do? Can you tell I used to teach middle school math? Yes, I know what that adds up to, but in my experience you may want more than 100% (at least at times). I can live with that, but don’t expect me to achieve it. I also understand everyone is different. I did some mental math (yes, it is mental to think one can quantify these things). Let me know if I left anything out. Better yet, just tell me what you want.... but if money is above laughter, romance, friendship or sex...we are probably not a match. I'm not against money at all...it's about what's important.
So now you know who I think I am. You know what I think I want. You know what I think you want. . What do you think? Take a chance if you think we might have one and say hello.
PS If you think this one is long, you should have seen the last one.....