EDIT: My world has been destroyed. I've been sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore.com.
Animal lover, adventurer, travel hacker, pop culture nerd, theme park enthusiast, peddler of obscure and vaguely meaningful scifi-originated quotations.
- Reading books (but not writing them, dammit)
- Earning airline miles
Was it made by Marvel, DC, or Joss Whedon? I probably watch(ed) it. Does it involve space travel, swords, or the impending robot apocalypse? Ditto. Want a full list? Send me a message! I love geeking out over TV shows.
Matilda (ages 9-12), Ender's Game (ages 12-15), Dune (ages 15-18), and the A Song of Ice and Fire series (ages 18+). Recent honorable mentions: the Martian by Andy Weir, Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, Redshirts by John Scalzi.
Inside-Out, Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, WALL-E, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Iron Man, Avengers, Star Trek (2009), and every movie of the 90s Disney Renaissance. Update: I must now also add The Force Awakens to this list, naturally.
Cantina music is appropriate for every occasion.
The raw, uncooked flesh of large Pacific fish species, consumed atop a mound of boiled grass seeds after being dipped in fermented soybean juice (also known as nigiri-sushi)
- My Sony A7 and RX100m4 cameras
- My laptop (w/ associated accessories)
- My smartphone (aka my portable link to Wikipedia, aka the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- My personal adventure kit (i.e. backpack with spare clothes, Nalgene bottle, toiletries, etc., for those unexpected trips)
- My bike
- Something to read
Six things that I don't own that I could never do without
- The great outdoors
- Bookstores (and libraries)
- Great science fiction/fantasy novelists to keep those bookstores filled
- Air travel
- Outer space
What it would feel like to fly like Superman
When I'll find someone to go to Disneyland with me
Bonus points if:
....you enjoy camping and general outdoorsiness.
....you geek out about the things that you love
Must love dogs. Or cats. Or anything with fur and a tail, really.