Beaches? Babies? Candle-lit dinners and kissing? Sure…I enjoy these too. But here’s what makes me different:
I have little drama in my life. . .
1. My life is full, with many interests – painting, writing, sailing (learning), yoga, volunteering, theater, swimming, to name a few. Rather than looking for someone to fill a void in my life, I'm looking for someone to enjoy it with.
2. While I enjoy kids, I have none of my own. Translation: no custody issues. I’m a flexible, untethered soul (with lots of vacation time accrued)
3. No evil Exs to complain about. I’ve enjoyed romantic relationships with some wonderful men, and while they didn't last forever, I grew from every one. In fact, I'm still friends (without benefits) with a few.
4. I get along with those who swing from my familial tree. True, some of us laugh too loud, others not enough and some should see a shrink, but at the end of the day we’re family.
5. My circle of friends extends to both coasts, full of positive, creative, caring individuals.
6. Both sides of my brain are well-developed (creative and analytic). A former dancer (no, not that kind!) I also had a successful career as a visual artist for 2 decades. Now I develop educational programs for a non-profit.
7. I thrive around different cultures. I haven't climbed Mt. Everest or made the Haj to Mecca, but I’ve been to Europe, the Middle East, much of the U.S. and even an island here and there.
8. I love the arts - all kinds. They make my electrons spin.
9. I'm not impressed by designer brands, the latest gadget, or what everyone else is doing. I march to a different drum.
10. I'm not always on the go, nor want to be. I value quiet time alone or with my sweetheart. Meaningful conversation is very important.
11. I was raised Jewish (culturally, not religiously), resonate with Buddhist principles, and will open my life to anyone kind, compassionate and smart - regardless of flavor or texture.
12. I'm more interested in what's between your ears and in your heart than what's in your wallet. I can't be bought - it's been tried.
13. I'm authentic, straight-forward, and wear my emotions on my sleeve. You’ll always know where I (and you) stand.
14. I don't enjoy online or serial dating. But I’ll persevere until I find my heart's delight.
15. Sorry fellas...I don't get physically involved with every guy I meet for coffee or a drink. If you're a "one-marshmallow" man, I'm not your gal. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment
16. Despite the direct nature of my profile, I'm very playful and an awful lot of fun to be around (with the right man)
And who whets my whistle?
A gentleman, cultured and highly intelligent, who genuinely admires and respects women, celebrates her differences while valuing her as an equal partner. He also knows there’s a tender young girl lurking deep inside, and how to protect her and make her feel safe.
Finally - I'm in my early 50s. My profile says 49 to stay within the search criteria of men my age. Photos are very recent and I’m usually told I look better in person.
If anything here floats your boat, please say hello.