Born in the Midwest. After college I lived in Pittsburgh for a few years working in the TV industry. Was brought to Hollywood in 1984 by a video post-production company.
In 1995 I left the TV biz and have been self-employed ever since. Focusing on the Internet and online content creation and publishing.
Met my wife in 1997, married in 2000. She was diagnosed with cancer and passed away in July of 2011. I am still very close with her family and daughter. I find strength in the amazing way she lived the last few months of her life.
I work from my home office. I make a point of going out for lunch each weekday and I wear a pedometer that reminds me I need to meet my daily goal of walking around my neighborhood. I find myself at the local gym twice a week.
I turned several of my hobbies into income sources over the years and would like to find a way to convert them back into hobbies again. Like photography.
They also think my business is so interesting, but it isn't. I guess it is, but after doing it all these years I'm used to it.
- I like most movies. Usually avoid the horror and toilet humor comedies. Enjoy the occasional art/low budget, or classic movie.
- Love seeing/hearing live performances. Broadway, symphony, opera, rock, pop, folk, blues, bluegrass, mainstream jazz, just about anything. Avoid acid/hard rock and hip-hop.
- I can almost always find something to eat at any restaurant. Favorites would be Italian, BBQ and Diner food. I avoid food from 3rd world countries.
- Like to dance. I have basic Lindy and East Coast Swing skills. Can do a little West Coast and haven't spent enough time with the other various Ballroom steps.
- On TV I like to DVR some of the reality shows, Idol and Project Runway. Shows that require some skill from the participants. I enjoy following two or three TV series, Southland, Game Of Thrones and Downton Abbey. I watch a few of the financial shows religiously on CNBC. Also like the occasional PBS show like Nove or Frontline.
- I like watching live sports, but not a big fan of watching them on TV. If I had to pick teams I follow it would be the Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Lakers. Starting to follow the Angels a little.
- I've been having lots of fun with my iPad. Never used an Apple product before.
- During my daily walks I have discovered how very beautiful my small beach town is.
- Being self-employed has been a blessing in many ways. I like what I do and it has given me the ability to support loved ones on several occasions.
- Several of my friends have been very supportive over the past few years.
My age is accurate. My photos are recent. Honesty is one of the cornerstones of a good relationship. I hope you agree.