For now I think I can give you the best picture of my personality with a bunch of random facts:
* I frequently make random comments which make perfect sense but only if you make the same 4-6 connections I did. It's kind of like seeing the first and last page of someone's Wikipedia browsing history. My friends have started to make a game of seeing who can be the first to figure out the jumps I made.
* I prefer nature to cities, if I were free to plan a trip anywhere I would take a week hiking and camping around in Denali. Next up would be the Amazon, Yellowstone, New Zealand, and the Serengeti. I'm not really a huge traveler but I could definitely see taking one of these trips every couple of years.
* I'm an introvert. That's not to say I'm shy, lack social skills, or will run and hide if asked to speak in front of a group (the opposite actually). It just means I occasionally need time alone to recharge my batteries on occasion.
* I don't like beer. My friends have made a concerted effort to find one I don't dislike and haven't found one yet. So it's liquor, wine, or mixed drinks for me.
* I don't have any tattoos, but if I were to ever get one it would be "Made in the USA" on the bottom of my right foot. I'm not extremely patriotic or anything like that, I just think it would be funny.
* You may notice a few parentheses in my profile. I tend to use them a lot in writing and even more when speaking. Sometimes I wish writing was three dimensional so I could properly represent tangential thoughts and asides.
* I apparently have a very dry sense of humor, to the point where some people have a problem recognizing when I'm joking and when I'm serious. The key is a deadpan delivery. Sarcasm, (bad) puns, wordplay, and general randomness are frequent parts of my repertoire as well.
* The greatest thing the Midwest has given me? The discovery of lawn games. I don't think anyone on the west coast even knows of the existence of games like bags, washers, ladder golf, or boccie but I think they are a lot of fun. Many a summer afternoon has been spent in my backyard playing various lawn games with friends.
* I am one of the most introspective people you will ever have the joy (or bewilderment/vague annoyance) of meeting. I will most likely have an answer if you ask me things like "Why would you do that?", "What would happen/you do if?", or "How could you think that?".
That's all for now but I will continue to add more as I think of them.