Find better matches with our advanced
43 • Pasadena, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–48
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body Type
- A little extra
- Agnosticism, and somewhat serious about it
- Scorpio, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from Ph.D program
- Science / Engineering
- English (Fluently)
I am also very interested in writing for television, having recently joined a writer's group. If I had to pick my genre, I suppose it would be "geek chic"-- hey, write what you know, right? Actually, part of the reason I've finally joined an online dating site is that most of the women I've dated in the past have been fellow scientists or academics, so I thought I should try to expand my horizons a bit.
So if you wind up breaking my heart, please do so in a way that inspires me to write about it ...
Mixing margaritas almost as well as I mix metaphors.
Thanks to my Kindle app, I've finally started reading real books again-- well, they're virtual e-books, but you get the idea. Some of the books I've read this year are The Big Short, A Visit from the Goon Squad, A Game of Thrones, and Keith Richards' memoir, Life.
Most of the movies that I love are more modern, but my absolute favorite is Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Either one.
Some of my favorite albums are Stankonia, American Idiot, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Achtung Baby, and INXS' Kick. Yes, I know, they're all pretty mainstream. Morning may become eclectic, but I am so not a morning person.
By the way, I've been on a real health kick lately, exercising on average over 2 hours a day for much of the last year. Most of that is on the bike, though I do play full-court basketball once or twice a week. I would really like to add another regular activity to my exercise mix. So it would be great to find someone interested in tennis or volleyball (both of which I haven't played in years, but I would love to start up again), or a partner for some kind of weekly dance lesson.
(1) Going out dancing;
(2) Dining with friends;
(3) Watching a movie or preferably a play;
(4) Seeing a live comedy show (I've actually taken Improv 101 & 201 classes at UCB).
(1) Apparently, I am "kind of a braggart"-- clearly, I need to work much harder on the art of the humblebrag. (2) My comments are sometimes "presumptuous." That's because I often find it more interesting to talk about the least "objectively" cool item on someone's list of favorites when I message them. The tone I'm aiming for is "playful teasing," but that doesn't always come across. (3) My writing style is a little impersonal because of my proclivity for "writing a numbered list." Yeah, that's pretty much spot on.
So if none of the above are deal-breakers, and if you can forgive their possible usage in any message I may have already sent you, then by all means you should message me back!
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.