Find better matches with our advanced
matching system

—% Match
—% Enemy

AirshipCommand

31 Iowa City, IA Man

Man

I’m looking for

  • Women
  • Ages 20–40
  • Near me
  • For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating

My Details

Last Online
Yesterday – 6:32am
Orientation
Bisexual
Ethnicity
White
Height
6′ 0″ (1.83m)
Body Type
Average
Diet
Mostly other
Smokes
No
Drinks
Socially
Drugs
Never
Religion
Atheism, and laughing about it
Sign
Education
Working on Ph.D program
Job
Education
Income
$20,000–$30,000
Relationship Status
Open relationship
Relationship Type
Mostly monogamous
Offspring
Doesn’t have kids
Pets
Likes dogs and likes cats
Speaks
English

Similar Users

My self-summary
Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
tl;dr- At the age of 5, I came to the conclusion that Jesus was a Zombie. I've been having strange thoughts ever since.

Hi. I'm Tony.

So... I think I'll start with some labels for myself. (Great way to get lots of information out quickly) Pastafarian, Toy Soldier, Browncoat, Humanist/Consequentialist, Gamer, Steampunk, LARPer, Metaphysician, Mad Scientist. If some part of that scared you off, you're probably sane. If not, welcome to the club!

Well, I'm here. And so I should probably ask myself why. In my head, I only see two reasons to do something. One, you believe that doing so will make you a better person. And Two, it's Fun or will lead to Fun. Since I don't particularly find this Fun (yes, always with a capital F) either I believe this will lead to Fun, or I believe it makes me a better person.

I don't think online dating sites are that much more likely to make me a better person. So I must be looking for ways to have Fun. Part of that, I suppose, is meeting new people. I like people. People are fantastic. And I really don't want to end up locked into whatever groups I *happen* to come across, and not ever find myself looking to see what Fun I can have with unknown people.

I am currently in a relationship which, given the strangeness that is me, means that while I am not looking for anyone at the moment does not mean that I am not open to new relationships. (She is poly and I am... strange) The closest label I have for how I am in relationships is what I call "role monogamous": for two-place interpersonal relationships I do not generally seek out relationships which would be redundant. It's actually a good bit more complicated than that, but I am in the surprising situation (for me) of being with someone who fills *multiple* two-place relations at once, so aside from some of the stranger relationships I desire I am not really looking for that right now: mostly just looking for friends. (which are a many-place relation, as far as I am concerned)

Oh, and to get this out of the way: My Doctor is Tom Baker, my favorite Mane6 is Pinkie Pie, Captain Blood (Errol Flynn) is the best pirate, and Caine is my favorite Amberite. If you get at least 3 of these references, awesome! If you get at least 1, we have something to talk about.

One last thing: I am formally invoking Crocker's Rules. I always have them active anyway, but this way everyone knows in advance. :)
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Well, I'm on here less and less these days, so you may have to ask if you want to know what I am doing. :)

In a more general sense, I spend a lot of time on bodyhacking, as well as some time on mindhacking and less time than I ought to on socialhacking. I think I may have solved having a happy mood thanks to these. Currently, I am working on a brain hack that *might* be the ultimate cheat-code to life, if it works. I spend a lot of time working on my needed classes for my grad program and teaching, and when I am not doing that I alternate between reading, playing rpgs, and listening to music.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
making really, really awful jokes,
cooking and cleaning (when I have time),
mathematical logic and statistics,
cons, swindles, cheats, and tricks,
being 20% cooler.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Superficially: My somewhat eccentric taste in fashion. Lots of odd vests, slacks, leather and brass sometimes. I only ever really wear t-shirts if I am working out or if it is laundry day.

Once they get to know me: That I really do just think strange things, all the time, and don't stop.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Rather than list a million of each, I thought I'd try to pick out my favorite and a sample of works that, while maybe not my top three, are indicative of the sorts of things I like. (And some stuff is common sense, really: Yes, I like The Avengers, Queen, Walking Dead, and Chocolate Cake. EVERYONE likes these things.)

Favorite Book
Chronicles of Amber
Sample
Godel Escher Bach, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Count of Monte Cristo

Favorite TV Show
Firefly
Sample Platter
Doctor Who, Last Exile, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Favorite Song
"Blowing off Steam" by Abney Park
Pu Pu Platter
"Schadenfreude" by Avenue Q, "Thunderstruck" version by 2Cellos, "Teenage Rebel" by Chameleon Circuit

Top Movie
Six String Samurai
Let's go out to the Lobby
Captain Blood, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Malice in Wonderland

Special Category: Online Entertainment
Favorite Fanfic: HPMOR
Favorite Web Series: The Gamers
Favorite Webcomic: Girl Genius
Favorite Podcast: Welcome to Night Vale

Favorite Food
I don't normally eat anymore. Seriously. And no, I am not anorexic.
But when I eat...
Sake Nigiri, Eggplant Parmesan, Bacon Hamburgers

I should probably mention that while I do drink at times, I rarely drink much. I'd rather have a Rum and Coke and sit and chat than go to a wild party, and almost never drink enough to get plastered.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
This one is boring and tells me almost nothing about most people. So I am going to replace it with:

My Six Strongest Role Models

Basil of Baker Street
Nikola Tesla
Sir Francis Bacon
Doctor Steel
Captain Jack Harkness
Edwin Windsor (from "How to Succeed in Evil")

Honorable Mentions: Malcom Reynolds, Four-Eyes, The Doctor, Carl Sagan, Captain Blood, Henry Akeley, Ben Franklin, Buckaroo Banzai, and Irene Adler. (from the books: it's very, very rare for any adaptation to get her REMOTELY right.)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
bodyhacking, mindhacking, socialhacking, metaphysics, philosophy, decision theory, statistics and its relationship to logic, super powers, really awful song lyrics, (DAMN YOU PAUL AND STORM!) and food.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Let's see... I LARP every-other Friday. So there's a fair chance that I am geeking out. Other than that, studying, or going to sleep a little early for a big Saturday, or skyping with my girl are all possibilities. There are other things too, but that's probably over 90% of my Fridays now that we are back into the school year.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
When talking with people who I find incredibly smart (there aren't many, but I seem to be in a place where I can meet lots of them) I often find that I do not feel that they gain as much from talking to me as I do from talking to them, and the inequity makes me feel bad.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
you want to...

... duel with nerf guns or water pistols.
... debate fundamental ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
... play RPGs until dawn.
... figure out how we are going to make a dirigible-powered sky train into a reality.
... argue about whether Captain Blood is a better pirate than Jack Sparrow. (He totally is.)
... chant Cthulhu Christmas Carols.
... start a deadly black ops Dadaist theater group.

or if you are...

... an expert at Mao or Calvinball.
... someone who matches any of my descriptors up top.
... want to experience hypnosis.
... a lover of statistics or mathematical logic.
... an old-school gamer.
... not afraid of me competing with you for the title of Evil Overlord. (You will be... you will be...)
... strange and unusual in any of a myriad of other ways.

If you can deduce why the following is important, there is a >90% chance I want to sleep with you. (Note for mathophobes: the opposite is not true, i.e., there is not a <10% chance I want to sleep with you if you don't know why this is important. But someone who CAN say why the following is important is a huge turn-on, that's all)

P(H)=P(E)*P(H|E)+P(~E)*P(H|~E)
A) if (E):P(H)=P(H|E)=P(H|~E)
then
B) P(H)=P(E)*P(H)+P(~E)*P(H)
so
C) 1=P(E)+P(~E)
as degrees of belief of H make no difference regarding the evaluation of any E, H can be rejected as not providing any information regarding any E, given A.

So for any H where A is true, H can be rejected as saying anything about any E. Which shows...

Add a photo to:

Stay fresh with Instagram

Are you sure you want to delete this album?

Where's your photo?

Drop it like it’s hot

Photos must be at least 400 x 400px
Edit thumbnail
Add a caption

You look fantastic!