Find better matches with our advanced matching system
29 / M / Straight / Seeing Someone
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 9:08pm
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Atheism, and somewhat serious about it
- Scorpio, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from med school
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- English (Fluently), Japanese (Okay), Spanish (Poorly)
I'll listen very carefully as the problem starts sounding more and more dire, and finally I'll interrupt "You know, you really should talk to a doctor."
"But," they object, "you are a doctor! You just graduated from medical school last year!"
"Oh," I say. "Right." Then I start to panic.
My favorite movies, shows, music, and foods are whichever ones I can finish fastest so I can get back to the books.
2. Quorn. Back when I considered it a reasonable idea to become a vegetarian despite hating most fruits and vegetables, I survived by eating Quorn instead of food. It tastes almost as good, but it doesn't have any of that pesky fat or cholesterol or baryonic matter. I stopped being a vegetarian a couple of years ago, but Quorn still holds a special place in my heart and in my refrigerator.
3. Quests. I used to go on vacations, but those were boring so I switched to quests. Once I went on a quest to discover the West Pole and ended up in Slea Head, the westernmost point in Europe. Another time I decided to go old-school and went on a quest for the Holy Grail. I ended up in Glastonbury, England, where the Holy Grail is believed to rest at the bottom of a local well. They charged three pound sixty pence admission. It was kind of disappointing.
4. Quixotism. It's a good word, and I love the Don Quixote story. One of my goals in teaching myself Spanish is to be able to read it in the original. Until then, I content myself with listening to the soundtrack from "Man of La Mancha" a lot.
5. Quire. This is how I spelled "choir" up until the sixth grade, which incidentally is also the last time I was in an actual choir, and I'm keeping it to stick to the "q" theme. It's been a long time since sixth grade, but I still sing. A lot. Sometimes karaoke, sometimes in the shower, and sometimes I just break into song when the opportunity presents itself.
6. Qualia. I did philosophy in college and have a special interest in philosophy of mind. One time I sorta might have maybe as a joke created a philosophy role-playing game with a campaign where David Chalmers leads the armies of humanity against a plague of zombies. It kind of went viral on the Internet and snowballed until somehow the actual David Chalmers found out and said some very nice things about it. So on the one hand, one of the world's leading philosophers is aware of my existence; on the other, it's in the most embarrassing possible way.
Which isn't to say I don't keep myself amused. I'm trying to learn lucid dreaming, the practice of staying conscious through dreams and controlling them. I've had limited success and am running through a series of experiments. I've already established I can compose poetry in dreams, which means that left-brain systematic thinking isn't completely turned off, but I'm waiting for a good opportunity to test whether I can also solve math problems.
I am borderline asexual and mostly in it for the cuddles. Most of my relationships (and some of my better friendships) degenerate into marathon sessions of cuddling while arguing about complicated philosophical problems.
Wait, did I say "degenerate into"? I meant "ascend to".
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 20–30
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
In Soviet Russian OKCupid, girl message you!
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.