- Playing the guitar like Andres Segovia on a very bad day
- Running really fast over extremely short distances (I can do the 10m in about 2.3 seconds)
- Not getting angry...ever. Not sure I know what it feels like to get angry. I was mildly peeved once though.
I also won a nationwide poetry competition at the age of 7 and am yet to fulfill the promise of that auspicious day...
Books: The meandering prose of Marcel Proust. The subtly suggestive horror of H. P. Lovecraft and E. A. Poe. Anything by or about musicians i.e. This Wheel is on Fire by Levon Helm or The Dirt by Motley Crue.
Film: On one end of the spectrum, the stark and sleek perfection of Kubrick and Coppola. On t'other, the touching humanism and simple truth of Shane Meadows and movies like Withnail and I. Also any movies about music...i.e. The Last Waltz by Scorcese. If I ever come across a film that I like as much as that one...well, then there'll be two movies that I really, really, really quite like...like, lots and lots.
Music: The beautiful beats of Boards of Canada. Industrial dub-step is a bit of a guilty pleasure i.e. Excision and Downlink (none of that pop-step shite). The impossibly perfect compositions of Claude Debussy.
Food: Not quite so opinionated here...but I bloody love the stuff. If it tastes good (and most of it does) then I'm sold.
- Something to hit with a stick
- A comfortable place to recline
- The company of a nice lady
- My hands
- My eyes
- My ears
Ha, I just put 7 and Cupid bot didn't even stop me!