I consider myself pretty active. I love running...I've done 5ks, 10ks, and half marathons. I was registered for the Philly Marathon, but runner's knee took me out of the game this year. Next year, I guess. I'm also a Spartan addict. I hate waking up early, but I'll get up at 4am to train with my Spartan team. I just joined the 2014 Trifecta Tribe at the Vermont Beast, and major props to you if you know what that means. Liking/participating in sports is definitely a huge plus, but if not, that's cool too.
A random list, because those are always fun:
- I've been skydiving twice and will go again.
- I went scuba diving once and got so claustrophobic under water I started thrashing like a netted dolphin.
- I like going out with friends, but I'm also okay spending a weekend with myself.
- I can binge watch TV shows all day, but it takes me forever to sit down and watch a movie.
- I'm an aunt thrice over...benefits of being the youngest sibling
- This age of social media we live in makes me nervous. I hate Facebook and don't use it. I also don't Instagram or take selfies. (Edit: I now have an Instagram account. But I can justify it...just ask!)
- Fax machines mystify me. So do 3D printers.
- My idea of a perfect night is sitting in an apartment with good friends, lots of wine, and lots of food.
- I am a Pisces, through and through.
- I will own a dog one day. Nonnegotiable.
- My least favorite chore is putting away laundry.
- If I could learn a language it would be ASL.
- I've spent a lot of years playing the comparison game, and I'm finally happy with where I am in life and who I am right now.
I'm looking for a guy who is settled and confident about his life and job, but not arrogant about it. Someone who understands that relationships take work and is willing to put in the effort. Someone who thinks a relationship is about being part of a team and working together. Someone who is thinking about the future and working to build one that includes a family. Someone who likes to go out once in a while, but also feels ok spending the night on the couch with wine and a movie. Someone who is kind, and who thinks a relationship is about putting the other person first. I want to be with someone who I can 100% be myself with, and who appreciates that. I admire people who are genuine and honest. I can hold my own in an exchange of witty banter, but if that's your only way to flirt/get to know someone, I'm going to assume you're still into games.