I've always been active and an athlete. I played volleyball for years, and now I coach a high school club team. I'm getting into distance running now, after years of hating it. I just finished my first half marathon, and have my eye on a few races in 2014. If anyone wants to run together, I think that would be really fun. Liking/participating in sports is definitely a huge plus in a guy.
A few random things, because those are always fun:
- I've been skydiving twice.
- I went scuba diving once and got so claustrophobic under water I started thrashing like a netted dolphin.
- I like going out with friends, but I'm also really okay spending a weekend with myself.
- I can binge watch TV shows all day, but it takes me forever to sit down and watch a movie.
- I'm an aunt twice over and soon to be for a third time
- This age of social media we live in makes me nervous. I hate Facebook and don't use it.
- Fax machines mystify me.
- My idea of a perfect night is sitting in someone's apartment with good friends, lots of wine, and lots of food.
- I am a Pisces, through and through.
- I will own a dog one day, so if dogs aren't in your future, neither am I.
- My least favorite chore is putting laundry away. I will clean the kitchen and bathroom three times before I put away a basket of laundry.
- If I could learn a language it would be ASL.
- I've spent a lot of years playing the comparison game, and I'm finally happy with where I am in life and who I am right now.
I'm looking for a guy who is settled and confident about his life and job, but not arrogant about it. Humblebragging or dropping things casually is the same thing as bragging, by the way. Someone who understands that relationships take work and is willing to put in the effort. Someone who would feel comfortable sitting with my father and brother chatting about football or baseball or basketball. Someone who thinks a relationship is about being part of a team and working together. Someone who is thinking about the future and working to build one that includes a family. Someone who likes to go out once in a while, but also feels ok spending the night on the couch with wine and a movie. Someone who is kind, and who thinks a relationship is about putting the other person first. I want to be with someone who I can 100% be myself with, and who appreciates that.