I consider myself pretty active. I love running...I've done 5ks, 10ks, and half marathons. Yes, I would like to do a marathon one day, but I'm loving trail running too much right now to focus on putting the road miles in. I do lots of Spartan races, which has become a pretty important part of my life. Liking/participating in sports is definitely a huge plus, but if not, that's cool too.
A random list, because those are always fun:
- I've been skydiving twice and will go again.
- I went scuba diving once and got so claustrophobic under water I started thrashing like a netted dolphin.
- I like going out with friends, but I'm also okay spending a weekend with myself.
- I can binge watch TV shows all day, but it takes me forever to sit down and watch a movie.
- I'm an aunt thrice over...benefits of being the youngest sibling
- This age of social media we live in makes me nervous.
- Fax machines mystify me. So do 3D printers.
- My idea of a perfect night is sitting in an apartment with good friends, lots of wine, and lots of food.
- I am a Pisces, through and through.
- I will own a dog one day. Nonnegotiable.
- My least favorite chore is putting away laundry.
- If I could learn a language it would be ASL.
I'm looking for a guy who is settled and confident about his life and job, but not arrogant about it. "Quiet confidence" is a phrase I think has a lot of meaning. Someone who understands that relationships take work and is willing to put in the effort. Someone who thinks a relationship is about being part of a team and working together. Someone who is thinking about the future and working to build one that includes a family.
I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with how men and women have grown to interact with each other over the past decade. Anything related to flirting, dating, courtship, and mystery is gone. Don't people miss those butterflies? I do. I'd love to hear from you if you miss them as well.
I spend most of the week in a windowless room, so I really try to get outside on the weekends.
My favorite movie is Stand By Me. When RENT was on Broadway, I saw it six times, including with the original cast reprisal. One of my biggest guilty pleasures is binge watching TV shows on Netflix, although I tend to stay away from reality shows. I am a huge Joss Whedon fan, including all things Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. I love Blacklist, Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, Friday Night Lights, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, The Office when it didn't suck, and The West Wing, also, when it didn't suck (Read that: before Sorkin left). Just finished the Six Feet Under series for the first time and realized the last 6 minutes were as good as everyone promised me they were.
There are few foods I won't eat or at least try. Except spicy food. I really dislike spicy food.
I believe it's impossible to get to know someone over email/text/phone, so I'd prefer not to have lengthy exchanges before planning to meet.
Oh, and this is a total FYI, but it would really be a lot easier for both of us if you have a car. I don't live near subways, and I've come to realize having a car just make everything easier.