Recently returned Air Force Veteran after living overseas for the past 4 years. I've traveled to many different locations, between Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, but Cali will always be Home.
I work for a non profit in Campbell which can be very demanding so it's hard for me to meet new people, but I'd like to make some new interesting friends with similar interests outside my current circle.
Taking advantage of all the great opportunities to do things around me, reminding myself that I was stuck in the middle of the desert for a year and a half so always down to do something new and/or fun!
Working hard at a tech company so I can play harder. Still adjusting to the idea of doing a similar job to what I did in the military, but without people trying to kill me (Although morning traffic on the 101 has proven to be nearly as dangerous and I'm convinced Prius drivers are the worst and terrorists in their own right)
I love working out and keeping a healthy mind and body. That being said though I'm not a pretentious snob about it, nor do I restrict myself from having a good time or enjoying something. My love for food and fitness sometimes conflict, but it's all about balance and moderation. I would like to meet someone that also has a passion for fitness.
Who doesn't love food? I'm all about trying new interesting things and finding hidden gems of restaurants, and places with dishes that challenge the everyday palate. I'll try anything once! Although I somewhat regret this statement after trying Nattō and habu sake while I was in Japan. Bleeeeeeegh! I try my best to eat healthy during the week, preparing my own meals for work, but on the weekends I like to indulge on some of my favorites spots. What's your favorite spot in the area?
I have a very close circle of friends that I spend a lot of time with but I think it would be great to meet someone outside that circle that I can go out and share experiences with, trying new things, seeing new places, and eating new foods.
I honestly try to squeeze some type of fun out of every activity I am doing. I work hard so that I can have the means to do the things I want. So I'm enjoying life and making up for lost time ;)
- Knowing the difference between your and you're. Ex: You're beautiful, but I'm just trying to hang with your dog.
- Loving bacon.
- I enjoy cooking, especially breakfast.
- DOTA 2
- Singing horribly in the car.
- Finding awesome things to watch on Netflix
- Playing games. Board/Video/Drinking, I am highly competitive
- Taking over the dance floor with my signature booze moves.
- Drinking 151
- Nerding it up.
- Getting lost on Reddit
- Singing 90's Rap at Japanese karaoke bars
- Joking around a lot, but knowing when to be serious.
- Seeing girls from OKC in public and making them feel awkward
- Balancing being both an intellectual and physical being
- Opening the pickle jar for my pregnant sister.
- Going into work hungover and pretending to work for the next 8 hours.
- Writing obnoxiously long profiles
Big booty? (You laugh, but I'm serious)
What did you notice first?
Card, Murakami, Salinger, Tolkein
Movies - Brick, OldBoy, 21/22 Jump Street, 4 Brothers, Wedding Crashers, Looper, Inception, Children of Men, City of God, Drive, Garden State, The Warriors, The Wolf of Wall Street, That Awkward Moment
TV Shows - True Detective! Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Tosh.O, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Community, Girls, Bates Motel, Breaking Bad, Suits, The Following, Workaholics, The Killing, Orange Is The New Black
Music - My musical taste is all over the place, and I listen to anything from EDM, ratchet ass hip hop, to whiskey drinkin country on a daily basis. Some of my faves include: Animal Collective, Beach House, Best Coast, Calvin Harris, Childish Gambino, Cloud Nothings, Death Grips, Dillon Francis, Disclosure, DJ Carnage, Drake, El - P, Frank Ocean, Grimes, Grizzly Bear, Hardwell, Hot Chip, John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Kid Cudi, The Knife, Lana Del Rey, Lockah, Luke Bryan, M83, MGMT, Miguel, The Postal Service, Purity Ring, Rage Against The Machine, The Strokes, Sublime, Tokimonsta, Toro y Moi, Washed Out, The Weeknd, Weezer, YG, Zedd, and 2Pac.
Food - I love trying new foods. Sushi will always be #1 in my heart. Indian, Mexican, Italian, Korean, German, Middle Eastern. I love Umami Burger, if you haven't been, it's a must. Give me some recommendations or let's check out some places together.
Sports - This isn't a section but it should be. I grew up playing baseball, basketball and hockey. A's, Dodgers (Bring on the HATE), Lakers, Warriors, Sharks, and the 9ers are my teams. Notice I didn't say Giants? I'm not from here, but everyone is always so surprised that I'm not on the Giants bandwagon. We don't have to like the same teams, I enjoy some friendly competition and as long as we're willing to go to games together.
The Six things that would make my life shit without:
- Family, blood related or not.
- Great Food. Had plenty of shitty food in the desert.
- Technology (iNerd)
- Black Clothes. On Fridays we wear black..well every day.
- Chapstick. I would go insane without it.
- Cogito Ergo Sum
- What goes on in the minds of dogs
- Why cats insist on trying to kill me
- Where is the middle finger emoji (Finally it's here! 🖕🏽)
- What life experiences made you the way you are.
- Who you REALLY are, behind all of the walls we put up
- What you look like without make up, and if it's like waking up next to a different person in the morning
- The motivation behind people's actions
- Justin Bieber lyrics
- How easy our lives are in comparison to others
- If the Kardashians are actually part of an alien invasion sent to dumb the minds of our youth to ensure a future takeover.
- Working late, followed by home with take out and Netflix catching up on my favorite shows/movies.
If you're going to message me though, put some effort into it. I feel like girls have no game lol. Ask me a random question or something about my excessively long profile, I gave you a lot to work with.
Oh shit! You made it THIS far? I salute you.