Help your potential matches find common interests.
Many books to read... but among those I liked:
"Le rocher Tanios" by Amin Maalouf.
"Le père Goriot" by Honore de Balzac.
"L'étranger" and "La chute" by Albert Camus.
"Return to Brideshead" by Evelyn Waugh.
"Partir" by Tahar Ben Jelloum.
"The portrait of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.
"Ana Karenina" by Leon Tolstoi.
"Red and Black" by Sthendal.
"Anatomía de un instante" by Javier Cercas.
"La promesse de l'aube" by Romain Gary.
"Las aventuras del capitán Alatriste" (just for relaxing) by A. P.
Poetry: by Anna Ajmatova, Tagore, Wordsworth, Miguel Hernandez,
Machado, Eluard, Ignacio Vleming, Gamoneda and many others...
Theatre: Used to play in an amateur troupe... but in any case:
Beckett, Williams, Miller, Shakespeare, Dürrenmatt,
Plays just seen in the past months/weeks - probably I forgot
- "El cojo de Innhisman", Teatro Español, Madrid, January
- "Mies Julie", Baxter Theatre, Cape Town, June 2013.
- "Le malentendu/El malentendido" by Albert Camus with Cayetana
Guillén Cuervo, CDN, Madrid, February 2013.
- "Yerma" by F. García Lorca, CDN, Madrid, January 2013.
- "Heart attacks" Monteverdi love songs (sXVII), Fugard Theater,
Cape Town, November 2012.
- "La vida es sueño" de Calderón de la Barca, September 2012 (con
la Portillo como Segismundo).
- Le mariage by Nikolai Gogol, Comédie Française in Madrid, May
- The Suit by Can Themba, a South African writer, Peter Brook
- Early Music Festival in Aranjuez (may-june 2012)
- La Loba (Little Foxes) with Nuria Espert.
- Hedda Gabler by Ibsen, Madrid, Abadía.
- Farsas y Églogas by Juan de la Encina (Spain, XVIth
- La courtisane amoureuse by LaFontaine, puppet theater.
- La cerisaie by A. Tchekhov, Geneva 2012.
- Luces de Bohemia, Madrid 2012, was wonderful!
- Richard III by Shakespeare.
- Les Chaises by Ionesco.
- Une flute enchantée by Peter Brook.
- Kaspar by Theater an der Ruhr, Peter Handke.
Opera: too many I guess. The last one "The Barber of Seville" by
Rossini for the second time (first one was in Madrid, 2004). For
Christmas, "L'elisir d'amore" by Donizetti in Madrid.
Books about contemporary and modern history, architecture and
interior design. For my French language final year I am reading
some "suspense book" and have prepared a report of Algerian war
1954-1962 (love History by the way :P ). I did from Feb-May 2012 a
course on French-Spanish translation.
Directors: Allen, Tarkovsky, Godard, Bergman, Pasollini, Rohmer,
Almodóvar, Bardem (not Javier this time, but one of his ancestor
who was film-maker), Berlanga, Amos Gitai, Rosellini, Willy Wilder
Movies: Filmothèques around the world usually help me :P
Last ones: "About time", "Gravity", "To the wonder, "Moonrise
Kingdom", Taxi Driver", "Les Intouchables", "Pa negre" and "The
girlfriend of Frankenstein", "The artist", "The pianist", "Amour"
(Isabelle Huppert) and looking forward to "Before night".
Food: I think I cook quite well but a restaurant or some tapas with
a special partner or friends, is a social and personal pleasure to
me on a weekly-basis.
Cuisines: Spanish (of course), southern-French, Japanese, Peruvian,
Wine: I adore vineyards in Spain, France, Tuscany and Western Cape
(South Africa)... or anywhere in the world [(here some publicity
for Spanish wines :P ]
- Red: Shiraz or Rioja;
-White: Cabernet or Rueda.
- Rosé: sometimes.
I am convinced that wherever there is wine, there is also culture
and respect for nature.
to be continued and improved ;)...