Random Facts and Rabelaisian-style Lists are more fun than organized ones:
1. I feel demoralized watering down my personality to suit anyone's tastes. I'm frank, communicative and generally not afraid to tell anyone anything about myself if they seem like-minded. This sometimes offends people and I mostly don't care.
2. I'm unfailingly optimistic. No matter how vile things get, one has to figure they could always get worse. There have been times when the only thing that kept me going was insisting that, somehow, shit always works out. On the flip side, I can be into ridiculously dark music and films. The Greeks had it right: one shouldn't underestimate the value of catharsis.
3. Despite my exuberant disposition, I'm actually quite an introvert; if I don't have enough alone time away from people, I start to get cranky.
4. Alice Little, Mary Poppins, Willy Wonka, Guy Fawkes, The Tick, Tyler Durden, Beavis, Butt-head, Max Headroom, Ace Ventura, Charles Xavier, The Doctor, Banksy, Remi Gaillard, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Harry Mason, Ziggy Stardust, James Bond and Nathan Explosion are my heroes.
5. I hate cable/network TV. I think it's an egregious waste of time I could use to sing in the shower, organize my comics, or hatch my latest plan for Total World Domination. That, and commercials make my jaw drop open at how totally surreal and vaguely horrifying they are. If a show is really that great, I'll watch it on Netflix or steal my friends' copies on DVD.
6. I'm equal parts geek and intellectual without letting either of these sides making me unfit for regular human consumption. I <3 survival horror, point-and-click, strategy, and RPG games, old zombie movies, extreme Japanese cyberpunk, high quality/creative anime, stupid Japanese games shows, German-style boardgames, Battlestar Galactica, X-files, and anything having to do with cyborgs and cybernetics. I'm generally not into the fantasy genre (and if you think dragons or fairies are real, move along--this is not the profile you are looking for).
7. Adventures are fabulous! I dig urban exploration, walks to the park after closing to get chased off by the cops, picnics, scavenger hunts, road trips, visits to new libraries, thrift stores, traffic cones liberations, and crazy outfits tried on at department stores. I also love throwing myself into pits at metal/industrial shows.
8. Life is serious business to me and people who don't have a zest for it are hopeless bores.
9. I'm pretty much always reading 5-6 books at once.
10. I don't fit well into any gender or style mold. I'm usually rocking menswear-inspired clothing/dapper looks. I am a huge sucker for vintage ties and double-breasted suits.