Random Facts and Rabelaisian-style Lists are more fun than organized ones:
1. I frequently seem to be classified as the type you either really enjoy or can't stand. I feel demoralized watering down my personality to suit anyone's tastes, so that's alright. I'm frank, communicative and generally not afraid to tell anyone anything about myself. This sometimes offends people and I mostly don't care.
2. I'm unfailingly optimistic. No matter how vile things get, one has to figure they could always get worse. There have been times when the only thing that kept me going was insisting that, somehow, shit always works out. On the flip side, I can be into ridiculously dark music and films. The Greeks had it right: one shouldn't underestimate the value of catharsis.
3. Despite my often exuberant disposition, I'm actually quite an introvert; if I don't have enough alone time away from people, I start to get cranky.
4. Alice Little, Mary Poppins, Willy Wonka, Guy Fawkes, The Tick, Tyler Durden, Beavis, Butt-head, Max Headroom, Charles Xavier, Doctor Who, Banksy, Remi Gaillard, Dan Savage, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Harry Mason, Ziggy Stardust, James Bond and Nathan Explosion are my heroes. I also love old dead white guys: El Greco, Oscar Wilde, Aubrey Beardsley, Fritz Lang, George Grosz, Duchamp, Dali, Man Ray, Jorge Luis Borges, Federico Garcia Lorca, Andy Warhol and Anton La Vey. Some leading ladies of awesome: Hannah Höch, Donna Haraway, Karen Finley, Isabella Rossellini, and Jenny Shimizu.
5. I hate TV. I think it's an egregious waste of time I could use to sing in the shower, organize my comics, or hatch my latest plan for Total World Domination. If it's really that great, I'll watch it on Netflix or steal my friends' copies on DVD.
6. I'm equal parts geek and intellectual without letting either of these sides making me unfit for regular human consumption. I <3 survival horror and RPG games, old zombie movies, extreme Japanese cyberpunk, high quality or creative anime, stupid Japanese games shows, German-style boardgames, Battlestar Galactica, X-files, and anything having to do with cyborgs and cybernetics. I'm generally not into the fantasy genre (and if you think dragons or fairies are real, move along--this is not the profile you are looking for).
7. Adventures are fabulous! I dig urban exploration, walks to the park after closing to get chased off by the cops, picnics, scavenger hunts, road trips, visits to new libraries, thrift stores, traffic cones liberations, and crazy outfits tried on at department stores. I also love throwing myself into pits at metal/industrial shows.
8. Life is serious business to me and people who don't have a zest for it are hopeless bores.
9. I'm pretty much always reading 5-6 books at once.
10. I don't fit well into any gender or style mold. One day I might put on glam-ish make up and look cute as a button; the next I could be wearing spats, a waistcoat and tie or my partner's busted work jeans.
I guess when it comes down to it, I'm a person of opposites--at times, extremes. Remaining in balance is a tough business for any person I think; if I can do that about half the time, I figure I somewhat fit the idea of the graceful, continually growing person I hope to be.