"I know who I am. I am just a very thin layer of charming, with some funny sprinkles, wrapped around a huge creamy center of raging arrogant A-HOLE!!!"
So, I am thinking edit time again, and this will be my last edit, as OKCupid has not worked for me as I had hoped, but those are the breaks. I do not like these summaries because I have to sum myself up as completely as possible, without going to the extent of boring my intended audience. So, I am going to pattern copy another profile that I have, where I have been complimented for my blatant honesty.
It’s like this, all personal information is a “need to know” basis. So here is what you need to know about me.
1) I am a child of the one true God, who sent his son Jesus to atone for my sins. I believe this, and rely on it for my journey to Heaven eventually. I am Southern Baptist by doctrine, just what the convention refers to as “backsliding” currently. Not delving into a life of sin or anything, my core beliefs and fundamentals are there, and are still, as they will always be, part of the driving force behind why I do things the way that I do. My witness is in the way that I live daily, and in the way that I treat others. I am very golden rule, which comes from my maternal grandmother, the sainted woman that she was.I do not judge, nor expect to be judged by others, as none of us live up to that perfect example. I know the bible, can quote context, just not always scriptures verbatim. But do know that I know it, and am versed more than well enough to hold my own in a debate over it.
2) I am a divorced white male, 43 years of age, 6’0” tall, 240-ish pounds with reddish-brown hair(that I have decided to let grow out a little), blue eyes(glasses and contacts), and a red goatee that is a full beard from Thanksgiving to Valentine’s Day.
3) I am a father to the most amazing young lady that I could possibly hope for. She is my world, always has, and always will come first. This is for a very simple and self-serving reason. She’s the only child I have, and thus the only one that will be selecting and paying for the retirement home that I wind up in!!!
4) I am a very devoted friend. If and when I get to that point with someone, where I call them friend, I do not take this lightly. Those that I call friends, are more precisely the family that I got the privilege to choose, and I value them greatly.
5) I am honest, almost to a fault. Do not ask me a question you do not want the absolute truth on. My opinion, though some consider invaluable, is completely impartial. I have this uncanny ability to mentally and emotionally remove myself from a given topic or situation, and view it from a neutral perspective. I am so honest about things, I am frequently caught at a loss when someone asks me how things are going at work. It’s a polite thing I know, but I do not want to be one of those that says simply, “fine” and goes along with my day, when I knew all along, things were going more like a derailed locomotive!!!
6) I am a "compartmentalized" person. Call it a "safety feature" that I have, we all have our defenses. Basically, I have all of these boxes/compartments that I keep life in, and people are allowed into the boxes or compartments that I choose to allow them into. No, this does not mean I hide who I am or what I am about, I am typically very clear on that, it means that things in my life that I value are kept safe(such as my daughter) and out of any relationship I may find myself in that is unhealthy. For me, it is a way of protecting myself and everyone else, just trust me, it is better. If you knew the things my daughter has had to endure and overcome in her young life, you would understand why I can be and often come off as an over-protective father. Now, this does not mean that I have no space in my life for anyone, quite the contrary, I have a great deal of love to offer, which is as God intended, unconditional!
7) I am, let’s say “negotiable” on the relationship. This is because I see it like this, ANY relationship, takes two people! Whether it be a marriage, a blossoming committed relationship, just friends, friends with benefits, a buck fuddy, and yes, even a one night stand! Side note for one thing, yes, a one night stand is a relationship. It is just a relationship that one of the two parties decided either before or after the fact, to no longer pursue! Suffice to say, my goal, my wish, my desire, and my intent is a long term relationship, hopefully leading to marriage with the RIGHT person this go around. Now, I am not a pushy type guy, I generally like to start, get to know one another, and see what develops and where it progresses to. Been in those situations where one or both tried to force the emotion, and it just did not end well. Yes, I have casual sex listed that "I'm looking for" section. Does that mean it is my ONLY intention, no. It simply means that I am open to that possibility as well as the rest. Chalk it up to "chemistry", sometimes it is there, and sometimes it is not! Again, it takes two people to make/build a relationship, only one to demolish it!