Find better matches with our advanced
51 • M • Mesa, AZ
- Last Online
- Today – 12:53pm
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body Type
- Mostly other
- Christianity, and somewhat serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- Has dogs
- English (Fluently), German (Poorly)
I've been kind of a jack of all trades. I had been working on a Master's Degree in Philosophy, but was unable to finish. So I'm a jack of all trades and master of none. Even if I had earned my Master's, I'm pretty sure Philosophy is not considered a trade. On the other hand it did teach me to read, write, and think quite well.
I put myself through school doing handyman work. I do better than most at some of those things. Though please don't ask me to work on the plumbing, neither of us will probably be happy.
Update - Just fixed a kitchen sink, it has me feeling better about the plumbing thing.
I'm good at doing geeky stuff. I worked with computers for many years, system integration, networking, troubleshooting, etc. I became quite good at that. I love science, medicine and technology.
I'm a pretty decent communicator and seem to be able to find common ground with most people.
Books, I love books, don't seem to have the time to read like I'd like. I read the "Enders Game" series this fall; there was some pretty "out of the box" thinking. I usually have several books that I'm working on at a time.
I prefer live music. I was a voice major for a year, many years ago. My tastes are somewhat eclectic. I have a buddy with an 80's R&R band, they have so much fun. He and I used to lead worship together at a Baptist Church, even more years ago.
Movies: I just saw "Monuments Men". It was worth seeing, all star cast, great performances, a compelling true story. "Princess Bride" is on the all time favorites list, probably my most quoted movie.
TV, not so much. about 4 hours a week maybe. News, Sports. I got rid of cable. TV is the black-hole of entertainment.
1. My phone has become so indispensable, I really don't like that about it.
2. My family.
3. My cadre of friends, who've been tried and tested.
4. A nice, quiet place to retreat to.
5. I don't know what I would do without having my books around. I'm not reading all the time, but just having them around reminds me of their lessons.
6. The internet has connected me to so much... Old friends, new ideas, News from around the world...
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 38–52
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.