Hmmm, a bit more about me that doesn't fit in other areas:
- I listen to university lectures on long car rides. Physics, without exams, is really interesting.
- I believe entertainment is a noble endeavor. I believe the best thing I can give others is a moment of joy.
- I enjoy traveling and adding a splash of adventure into the routine. Antarctica is calling my name. I want to stand on a glacier before they all melt.
- Years ago, I was a pretty good hiker and backpacker. I'm getting back into it and have started working out in the mornings. My very first 5k / polar bear swim is on Jan 1, 2013. (It's very different than hiking, but hey, it's winter.)
- I used to love to cook, and even went to culinary school. Eating left-overs for 3 days in a row has thrown a wet blanket over that hobby, although I still do cook for special events and for others.
- I read fiction, watch SciFi & Fantasy (can't wait for Game of Thrones season 3), and play video games. Yup, I'm a dork. I also subscribe to The Economist, read NYTimes, HuffingtonPost, BusinessInsider and AllThingsD, and listen to NPR daily. So I'm not just any dork. I'm a news dork. :-)