The name's Korey!
But friends call me Korey.
Take your pick; any of those works!
So, if you don't mind detailed profiles, then here are some basic things you may wanna know about me:
- I love a good adventure, and I define my life by them.
- I always come up with obscure ways to make jokes out of everyday situations using lines from movies or songs or games. I've also been known to actually sing the soundtrack to my day, out loud, on occasion.
- I am a huge fan of The Joker (since I was three, back in '93, which means I didn't have a religious experience after watching The Dark Knight like MOST "Joker fans"), so I collect comics like crazy. Originally it was just comics with The Joker in them, but it has evolved into pretty much any kind of comic that sparks my interest!
- The only thing I'm a bigger fan of than The Joker would be The Evil Dead films, and all related media. It's pretty hardcore. In case it wasn't obvious from my Username!
- I'm a gamer. I play video games somewhat regularly, preferably on PS3, though usually only within a few specific series and only for the story. (I'm not an achievement whore, at all.) I also love board games and tabletop games! And I can probably destroy you in a game of Magic: The Gathering.
- I'm into sci-fi/fantasy and role-playing. I love the books, the films, the games...everything that falls within those genres. (So yes, I collect weapons and I can hold my own in a sword fight.)
- My taste in media. I like any movie as long as it is a good movie, and I prefer hardcore Fantasy and Drama from my TV shows. As for music...I love anything from the 80's, all kinds of Rock, lots of Big Band/Swing, some Pop, some J-Pop, a good bit of Techno/Dance, and the very rare Country or Rap song.
- I am an actor. I just love to perform both on-stage (which includes musical theatre, so yes...I sing) and on-screen; I'm very passionate about storytelling and giving people an escape from reality, even if only for a couple of hours. I'm currently going to film school so that I can open my own film production company one day, which will hopefully allow me to break into the business from the top! So theatre and movies are a huge part of my life.
- Beneath all the layers of crazy nerd there is a hopeless romantic. I believe in love and chivalry, two concepts which seem dead in today's world; little things like opening a door or making someone smile are a big deal to me!
- I'm the kind of guy who enjoys random texts or talking on the phone for hours (at all hours), just for the hell of it.
- Though I've been known to meticulously plan thoughtful and epic dates, I also deeply enjoy a quiet night at home with hot tea and a good book or movie!
- I'm also extremely stubborn and I have a tiny bit of a dominant personality, if that matters to anyone.
- Sorry sports fans but I'm not really into anything sport-related, unless its something off-color like fencing or airsoft/paintball.
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave!"
Ultimately, I just want something real. Maybe not too serious at first, but I do want to find that special someone. Someone who will have play arguments with me in foreign accents. Someone who makes me feel like I rolled a Natural 20 every time we touch. (Someone who understands what that means, and might have even caught the song reference.) Someone who will have toy sword fights with me in department stores. Someone who lights a new fire in me every day rather than stoking old embers. Someone who always inspires me to be better, who I'd fight to keep in my life no matter what.
That's what love is, to me.
And if I can find that...then I don't care where we go or what we do, because I know that regardless its going to be amazing.
Movies: I'm a HUGE film nerd, so most movies are my thing. I like things that revolve around horror and fantasy mostly, but any film is pretty good to me! Y'know, if its a good film. Ha-ha! Some notable favorites are The Evil Dead Trilogy, Labyrinth, Moulin Rouge, ALL the classic Disney movies, The Boondock Saints (and its sequel), Sherlock Holmes (and its sequel), A Clockwork Orange, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Across The Universe, The Pirates of the Caribbean Series, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Nightmare Before Christmas, Little Monsters, Jurassic Park, Iron Man, The Star Wars Saga, The Harry Potter Series, The Change-Up, The Princess Bride, Fight Club, Sucker Punch, The Three Musketeers, The Halloween movies (both original and new), The Nightmare on Elm Street series, The Alien Saga, Hot Tub Time Machine, Event Horizon, The Apt Pupil, The Dark Crystal, My Name Is Bruce, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Take Me Home Tonight, Your Highness, Captain America, ALL the various Batman movies, & ALL zombie movies.
TV Shows: LOST, Doctor Who, Smallville, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Once Upon A Time, Grimm, Fringe, House, Batman The Animated Series, Monty Python, Batman Beyond, The Walking Dead, Family Guy, Futurama, American Horror Story, Firefly, Farscape, Warehouse 13, Kim Possible, Merlin, The River, & Game of Thrones.
Music: Music is like oxygen, and so I like it in any good form, ESPECIALLY showtunes. I like the work of Disturbed, Epica, Nightwish, Rob Zombie, Poets of the Fall, A Perfect Circle, Killswitch Engage, Meat Loaf, Billy Idol, Linkin Park, Rammstein, Ozzy, KISS, Guns & Roses, DragonForce, Cee Lo Green, Marilyn Manson, The Lonely Island, Cradle of Filth, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince, Breaking Benjamin, & ALL 80's music. I also have a strange fascination with techno music like Cascada! Basically, if you can dance to it or sing to it...it is awesome!
Food: Anything edible, except tomatoes. Particularly Italian or Cajun cuisine, though! And I loooooove cheesecake!
Anime/Manga: I'm not a huge anime/manga person, but I feel like I should note some that I do like. Rosario + Vampire, High School of the Dead, Desert Punk, Witchblade, Girls Bravo, Dance in the Vampire Bund, D. Gray-man, Return to Labyrinth, & Dragon Ball Z.
Games: Though there was no call for it, I felt games should be included here somewhere. I like the following video game series: Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Alan Wake, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Evil Dead. Board games like chess and Risk are awesome, as is Dungeons & Dragons.
I also LOVE theatre (both musical and non), and strive to keep it an integral part of my life.
(NOTE: This list of things may be edited constantly as new stuff comes out...or as I remember things. Ha-ha!)
- Friends & Family
(Not necessarily in that order!)
But really...If you are serious about finding love and you think I could be the person you're looking for, then go ahead and talk to me! After all, nothing ventured is nothing gained!