2. I like my coffee with a splash of cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I like my whiskey neat and my beer cold. I prefer they all be paired with good company and good conversation.
3. Trying to fold fitted sheets frustrates me to no end.
4. I've never been anywhere tropical yet, but I really want to go snorkeling and see a sea turtle. They've been my favorite since I was a little kid.
5. Music is huge for me. I won't go in to details here but I do own three guitars and go to live shows often.
6. I graduated from the University of Iowa where I studied Business for a while but earned my degree in Computer Science.
7. Fall is my favorite season by far. I also don't hate snow.
8. I have been to England, Ireland, and Scotland.
9.. I’m an awesome uncle.
10. I don’t like olives but I wish I did.
11. I enjoy fishing but I don't hunt. Real men only shoot animals with a camera.
12. Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks. If you’re a Cardinals or Packers fan you aren’t ruled out but, hypothetically, if going on a date with me was the prize for winning a marathon, everyone else got a 25 mile head start. Kidding. Sort of...
Movies: I tend to favor the comedies or historical dramas. Sorry, I'm a dude and I like dude movies. The Big Lebowski, Office Space, Superbad, Rudy, Hoosiers, Gettysburg, Gladiator. Lots more. If I'm forced to watch a chick flick I'll probably roll my eyes some and act like its a chore, but secretly I won't think its that bad. But for every "Devil Wears Prada" I have to watch, you can expect a "Braveheart" the next time. Fair is fair.
TV: Daily Show and Nightly Show are staples. Big Bang Theory and Louie are in my rotation. I also enjoy my Animation Domination on Sunday nights (Family Guy, Simpsons, etc).
Music: I'm something of a music junkie. Right now I'm heavy on the indie-folk stuff (The Head and The Heart, The Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Trampled By Turtles, etc) and singer/songwriter (Iron & Wine, A Fine Frenzy, Bon Iver, Ingrid Michaelson). Love jazz, love the blues. And a laundry list of others (The Black Keys, Bob Dylan, Death Cab for Cutie, Pearl Jam, DMB...). I can get in to some hip hop too (Common, The Roots, Talib Kweli, ...) It would be great to meet someone who listens to more than Country.
Food: I have a rule that I'm willing to try anything once. Sometimes I come across something that I WANT to like so I'll try it a few times, but its not always the case that I end up liking it (read: sushi). Not too much I don't like though, I love some Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Irish, I'm not too picky.
My free time.
My gym membership.
My Iowa hoodie. Saturdays wouldn't be the same. It's the definition of comfort.