I should begin by saying that I'm not a "nice person," nor am I a "people person." I think that working with the general public for so many years has solidified my contempt for much of humanity. However, I do play exceptionally well with others, as long as there's mutual respect and honesty.
In a nutshell, I'm the three-dimensional, non-fictitious, male doppelgänger of Daria Morgendorffer. Like her, I'm introverted to the point of being diffident. Also like her, I'm the quintessential Gen X'er in that I'm a skeptic, not yet quite a cynic.
Lastly, I consider myself very direct with the occasional snark, but overly sensitive types might find me abrasive. If you're of the aforementioned type, which is so prevalent here on the Left Coast, then you should leave this webpage now, because I wouldn't want to irreparably damage your delicate psyche.
Some randomized things about myself:
I'm a low-key, understated, chill guy. I'm very introverted, and often times I feel intimidated by extraverted people. I don't take flattery/compliments well at all. I'm prone to bouts of sentimentality (especially after seeing puppies or kittens). I'm very socially libertarian and try not to judge others' life choices (but I'm pretty selective when it comes to dating). I don't like taking photos of myself. I'm a square peg in a round hole -- sometimes a little socially awkward and shy. I'm very introspective, hence all of the before and after. I've a very dark/crude/dry sense of humor. I'm a pacifist and eschew violence in any form. I haven't dated or been intimate with a guy in a while. I'm an existentialist. Sometimes I project a façade of disinterest around guys whom I might be really interested in. Supposedly... I have a large penis. I'm a nerd. While not fat, I'm currently not in the greatest shape and am committed to improving my physique. I'm a trypanophobe. I'm often blunt to a fault (but I'm slowly becoming more tactful). While I'm an Atheist, I love Christmas, especially spending it with my niece and nephew. I consider myself a conscientious, morally upright person, even if religious people don't think I am due to my skepticism of the divine. Since I've lived in six countries and traveled to nearly thirty, I consider myself a very worldly person. I highly enjoy traveling and learning about other cultures; I also like pursuing cultural activities here at home, such as visiting museums, viewing operas, listening to the symphony... and other pretentious B.S. I'm a kinky, dominant top. I'm just cautious enough and just adventurous enough. To mine own self I'm true. I strongly dislike our country's government and political system. Since I have a photographic memory with regard to place, I can't ever get lost; I'm a human navigation system. I have a very intimate relationship with marijuana. I'm not patriotic at all, and I consider myself a "world citizen." I like Belgian Blond beer, Pinot Noir wine, and single malt Scotch whiskey. I'm highly allergic to hipsters (and I don't mean guys who dress like hipsters or listen to hipster music, rather guys who attempt too hard -- and often fail -- at being "ironic").
My Myers-Brigg Personality Test Results: INFJ aka "The Confidant / The Protector / The Counselor"
- Introvert (33%) Intuitive (88%) Feeling (38%) Judging (11%)
- I have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion
- I have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
- I have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
- I have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
Who I'm looking for:
- another "basic model" man who's low maintenance
- preferably someone who doesn't use tobacco (or does so only socially)
- someone who has practical goals in life
- someone who partakes in -- or at the very least, tolerates my -- marijuana use
- someone who's decent looking, but not shallow and vain
- a "fellow traveller" (hint: no conservatives)
- preferably another Gen X'er (I find Baby Boomers to be way too old, self-absorbed, and cut-throat, and Millennials to be way too young, smarmy, and conformist)
- not a hipster (difficult requirement as trust-fund brat hipsters have saturated this city, causing everyone else's rent to be raised in the process)
- not a corporate drone (difficult requirement as the overpaid tech and finance corporate drones have saturated this city, causing everyone else's rent to be raised in the process)
- someone educated and well-read (or at the very least, someone, perhaps not college-educated, who has a lot of common sense and street smarts)
- someone who has a natural curiosity about things
- someone who likes to go to the library or bookstore
- someone who has -- or would be interested in obtaining -- a passport and likes to travel
- someone who's not religious (or at the very least, someone who has a religion but doesn't wear it on his sleeve)
- someone independent who doesn't jump on the bandwagon
- someone middle-of-the-road to masculine in mannerisms
- someone devoted and loyal, but also respectful of personal space and not prone to jealousy
- someone who practices good hygiene
- someone who respects animals (and nature in general)
- a White, Black, East Asian, South Asian, Southeast Asian, Central Asian, Native American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Australian Aborigine/Melanesian, Inuit, or multiracial, non-hipster, non-corporate drone, submissive bottom who's in reasonable physical shape, at least 5'8" in height (but preferably shorter than I) and between late 20s to late 40s in age
Above all, I'll defer to OKC's algorithms. I answered A LOT of the questions, and you should too, because it helps determine compatibility. I'd prefer that you contact me only if we're a match of 70% or higher. Thank you for your understanding.