New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
32 • San Francisco, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–31
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 6′ 3″ (1.91m)
- Body type
- Graduated from Ph.D program
- Science / Engineering
By dynamic, I mean a love of learning and a desire to experience all life has to offer. A few things I recently crossed off my bucket list:
- I sequenced my genome for fun. Unsurprisingly, my genes suggest a high likelihood for red hair and blue eyes. More interestingly, I'm immune to HIV because I have two recessive CCR5 alleles, a genotype that occurs in 1-in-1000 people. A big recessive gene indeed.
- I attended a spinal fusion surgery hosted by a friend who sells medical devices. I got so involved that an attending surgeon introduced himself to me and asked if I was a new resident. I was more discreet after that.
- I noodled on my friend's priceless 18th-century violin (a Guarneri del Gesu if you're interested). I was initially scared to even hold it, let alone play it. Needless to say I've never sounded better as a musician.
I founded a startup that develops environmentally-friendly technology for storing energy. Because the sun doesn't always shine.
I also founded a startup that applies behavioral economics principles to health care. Because theory suggests people should never gamble if they know the house always wins.
I sound like Professor Frink from the Simpsons when I talk about either idea so ask if you want me to embarrass myself.
I can explain complex science to friends and family, I played classical music throughout my childhood and currently play in a community orchestra and various chamber groups, I am strangely capable of catching a football... There are others, but you'll have to ask.
Non-fiction: Short History of Nearly Everything by Bryson, How Not to Be Wrong by Ellenburg, and Predictably Irrational by Ariely.
Fiction: Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, Game of Thrones by Martin, and Sherlock Holmes by Doyle.
Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Silver Linings Playbook, and Last of the Mohicans.
Shows: Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, and House of Cards.
Music: Holocene by Bon Iver, To Kingdom Come by Passion Pit, and Runaround Sue by Dion.
Food: Baingan Bharta (Indian), Tom Kha (Thai), Smoothies (USA, I guess?).
Zyrtec - Pollen and I don't get along.
Adam and Dr. Drew podcast - A reminder of my formative years.
My viola - It's been with me since age 12.
Honey - Easily the best sweetener.
Steam room - This is weird, I know.
The sum of 1+2+3+... to infinity is somehow -1/12?! I've seen the proof, but I still don't believe it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww
Another admission: I saw said film and found it delightful.
Message me if that sounds like you.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.