I’m looking for a big, strong intersectional feminist to come by and sweep me off of my feet.
Due to being a neuroatypical individual and having to work harder than most people, I tend to hold my accomplishments up high. I have a degree in chemistry and biology and I also have ADHD, OCD, anxiety disorder, & depression (last very well controlled). My accomplishments do not negate my mental issues or the struggle that I live with every day. I want to help challenge how people look at those who're mentally disabled and what people believe they can do. I do this in the form of both a video series and a number of articles that I write aimed at challenging stigma and shining light onto the struggles of those who're disabled.
I don't tend to have any affinity towards small talk or casual socialization. Typically, there's no pleasure in it for me and I usually feel bored or overwhelmed. I feel more at ease being alone and working on my projects. My lack of interest in engaging socially and my greater inclination towards writing are major contributing factors to the length of my profile. I want people to be able to learn a substantial amount about myself without either of us having to invest into a conversation. I am clearly capable of communicating though, and I'm also on this site for a reason, or else this profile wouldn't exist. Many times I feel as though I communicate in a manner that more closely resembles an encyclopedia. You might be able to get me talking if you bring up any of my main interests which include:
• Intersectional Feminism (specific interest in how mental health interacts).
• Geography & Maps.
• Architecture (pre-1900, I draw/design some too).
• Historical Population Data (article list).
• Mental Health (video series).
• Nature (video series).
• Social Media.
• Virtual Travel & Exploration (my Google Street View highlights).
Although I regularly come across as dry, rational, analytic, and pedantic, at times when I'm comfortable around a person I can be extremely silly (I'm hyperactive but it's typically not expressed publicly). For those who are interested, my Myers-Briggs' personality type is that of an "INTJ".
• As Described by Other People:
I asked some of the people who know me to quickly come up with a brief description about me. Here's what they said:
• "I would describe you as being very intelligent and having an awareness that creates friction with the general world."
• "Billy is one of the most intelligent individuals I've ever met. He also has a kind heart and cares about those who get close to him."
• "I would say focused, meticulous, passionate about specific projects, a fan of architecture, art, the outdoors etc."
• "Smart, creative, interesting."
• Gender, Sex, Sexuality, and Romantic Attraction:
I suppose that in the societal sense I am along the lines of “gender nonconforming”. I say this due to me being a neuroatypical individual who's unable to conform to society's expectations of what a man should be although I'd imagine that my visual gender expression is along the lines of what society would expect from a male. Due to this, the kind of relationship I envision working would be one that doesn't rely on traditional power constructs.
I find myself most sexually attracted to biologically and phenotypically female people regardless of their gender expression meaning that I'm also attracted to gender nonconforming people. I consider my sex drive to be relatively high (fluctuates a little) and my attraction to be highly dependent on physical attributes but that doesn't necessarily imply that my attraction corresponds with society's ideals of what ought to be considered attractive. For one, I tend to find myself more attracted to those who're above what is considered the “perfect weight”. I do not mean to imply that I don't value intelligence, I do, I'm just not sexually attracted to it.
In terms of more personal relationships I've never experienced anything other than the relationships I have with my cat or my parents. I am an empathetic and caring person although I may not always express it in a traditionally expected way. I sometimes question if I am aromantic but it is likely that I just need to find the right person. Although I am very introverted and I enjoy immersing myself in my own projects I don't want my entire life to be completely alone which leads me to being on this site.
• Extra Information About Me:
• A casual video*, I talk about who I am & show you my interests (c. 2013).
• All of my videos: Series, show, nature, etc (Higher production value).
* The hyperlinks on my profile aren't functional if you're on a mobile device so here's the URL for the casual "Get to Know Me" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBhudMseiA