What are the key questions you need to ask yourself?
- Do you want to meet up with me sometime? (hint: Yes)
- Is this guy attractive enough for me? (hint: ALL my relatives say I am, not just my mom, so this must also be Yes)
Seriously. I've met up with a few people on here, and the consensus is that I'm better than my profile. That will be hard to believe once you hear my rundown:
- Smart? Yes.
- Funny? Yes, please.
- Polite? I just said "Yes, please." Duh.
- Charming? Yes, so wear a belt lest your pants get charmed off. (BOOM, mark down another point for 'funny'! Also smart because who else uses "lest" except smarties?!)
- Sarcastic? My word! Never!
- Fun? No, actually. Just kidding, mark this down for YES as well.
- Confident? I'm confident the answer to this one is AFFIRMATIVE! Plus, I used caps and an exclamation point. Textually, that's as confident as you get.
- Successful? I've got a mortgage. The definition of success.
- Responsible? See aforementioned mortgage.
- Honest? More honest than I'd like to be. Stupid integrity!
- Good in bed? Nope; EXCELLENT in bed. I can sleep for hours uninterrupted. I'm probably the best sleeper I know. (Parenthood apparently changes your priorities here.)
- Showers regularly? Daily.
- Smells nice? Uhh...I believe so...
- Tastes great? That's kind of personal...
- Less filling? Wait...what? Did I stumble into a beer commercial?
- Arrogant? Sometimes. :-/ Where are these qualities coming from?!
- Outdoors-y? Ok, you got me. I'm not really outdoors-y.
- Sports fan? Uh oh...I'm not a sports fan, but I'll go to a game if someone drags me.
- Not Gay? Last I checked...wait, just so we're clear, saying "Yes" here means "Yes, I am not gay despite my impeccable grooming."
- Impeccably Groomed? This is a lie. I'm typically only well groomed. My current scruffy beard may disagree. (Update: my beard has been trimmed, and now has a natural look that has been described as "Spaniard"?!)
How can you pass up a deal like that? Let's chat and grab a coffee or a drink. I like to meet new people, and I'm always a fun date. :-)
"You sound awesome! There has to be a catch, though, right?"
Yeah. I'm married but separated, and a parent of a beautiful daughter born in 2012. We've probably been separated since mid-2013, but only labeled it as such in April 2014. I'm cohabiting and co-parenting with my wife, but basically roommates otherwise (i.e. sleeping in separate rooms, totally platonic). Creating this profile was her suggestion in Sept. 2013.
I'm open and happy to answer any questions about this.
While not ideal for dating, what does this really mean? It's similar to if I was just living with my kid full-time - I wouldn't be bringing anyone home unless things were getting very serious. Everyone has their challenges. If you've found someone here who's 100% ideal with no complications then I hope you're dating them. Except for the fact they're probably an alien infiltrator or something. :-)
Note: I am "The Gentleman" according to the OKC personality test. Aww.