I guess the point to that life story is that if the world as we know it ends tomorrow and the human population ends up in some sort of post-apocalyptic nuclear winter, like in the book The Road, I’m the man you want to be rolling with because…
1. I’m good with my hands (which can be useful for both our mutual survival and smacking some fools around if the situation warrants (I’m a lover, not a fighter though), and whatever else you might think hands are good for.
2. I can breed animals* ( I learned a thing or two on the ranch about animal husbandry) *For clarification, I won’t be the one personally breeding the animals – I’m kinda’ kinky, but I draw the line.
3. I’m a survivalist (learned that at Burning Man, plus I can hunt, fish, and farm from growing up on a ranch. I also go camping quite a bit and love the outdoors.)
4. I can build stuff (engineering undergraduate degree, carpenter, and builder of log homes when I lived in Colorado ski resort and Japan)
5. I can handle myself in foreign and unfamiliar environments (I’ve traveled all over the world and have even lived in a few countries - Japan and France. I consider myself a curious and adventurous person so I love to travel.)
6. I like to party and have a good time (so I’ll be pleasant to be around when we won’t have a TV and good conversation is at a premium. Plus, I’m open-minded and adventurous sexually to keep things exciting on those days when planting vegetables and sharpening sticks is just getting a little old.)
7. I understand the complexities of global capital markets and international banking (my present job is in international banking - okay, that will have no use unless we need to set up some sort of black market currency exchange – unlikely, I know, but an MBA could come in handy when the world starts getting back on its feet and we need to organize things in the harmonious, utopian world we’ve created)
In conclusion, if you like to have a good time, or are looking for more with someone with serious skills like the ones listed above, or are concerned about the apocalypse (let’s not forget the Mayan calendar just ended), we should go out.
In all seriousness, I decided to get on OkCupid because I’m looking for something more than a hookup. Not to say hookups are bad. If that happens here, so be it. Just not really the reason I joined this site.