Hmm, well this is awkward; at the moment I work full-time and I'm also studying towards a BSc in Psychology after spending recent years as a touring singer/songwriter and with a couple of bands. I have a bit of a busy time-table which can make it difficult for me to meet anybody outside of my friend circle, so I thought I'd see if there are any interesting people floating around in cyberspace. I believe that I was born in the wrong generation as I love anything that's vintage and retro, and can't really relate with the stuff of today (Popular stuff that is, there's still some amazing underground scenes out there if you know where to look). I also love attending the theatre whenever possible, visiting galleries or little independent cinemas. Despite this, I'm not a complete bohemian, I do like to hit the town and go a bit crazy from time to time with friends, although i'd rather drink in a cool bar with good music and good conversation than a club.
Some of my tastes:
Films: Big Fish, Withnail and I, American Beauty, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pan's Labyrinth, Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, The Skin I Live In, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Into the Wild.
Music: Psychedelia, Shoegaze, Rock and Roll, Blues, Ambient, Country, Ragtime, Bluegrass.
Books: The Fountainhead, Hitchhikers Guide, Lolita, Rabbit, Girlfriend In A Coma, Secret History, Graham Greene, Haruki Murikami, John Updike, Will Self, Douglas Coupland, Donna Tartt.
I also like... George Stobbart, Quantum Physics, Cutting my T-Shirts, Red wine, Conspiracy theories, Playing sitar, Gin, Cheap jewellery, Mad hair, Strange science, Cowboys, P.C gaming, Ridiculous facts, Being in the middle of nowhere, Leather jackets, People playing blues music with huge beards, Hugs, Deep conversations.
Please don't message me if...
1) You are orange. The "raped by a Dorito" look really doesn't do it for me.
2) U spk lyk dis. I'm hardly Shakespeare but come on...
3) You don't like my horse mask (see picture supplied).
4) Your music tastes consists of songs that sound like ten thousand ambulances, chasing five thousand fire engines. The only lyrics being "Yeah" and "Party".
5) You are Jimmy Savile reincarnated. Actually, just make that strange old men. I shall not be groomed.
6) Your makeup is 3ft thick. I'm attracted to girls, not Pennywise.
7) You have a pet spider.
Actually, if you tick all of the above (apart from number 7), then please message me. You are probably my arch enemy, so we could organise a fight to the death.
And you better come tooled up.