* I love having practical jokes played on me.
* Back in the day, I saw Led Zeppelin perform live at the LA Forum. They were so loud that you couldn't tell what song was being played. But we really didn't care, because in the end what mattered most was that we got to share the same space with those four legends!
* My daughter sometimes refers to me as "Baby Brother".
* I am in total awe of the office of the President of the United States.
* Still to this day, MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech sends chills up my spine.
* I once witnessed a seagull swallow an entire chicken bone whole.
* The Pieta, by Michelangelo, is hands down my favorite piece of art.
* I will forever be an admirer of Katherine Hepburn.
* Don't much care for the color Orange, except when it is placed next to Purple.
* I sometimes refer to my daughter as "Oatmeal."
* My conscious memory goes all the way back to when I was two years old.
* I own a pair of plaid pants (orange... go figure), and no, I do not play Golf.
* I love to give flowers to people I care about.
* Geoff Peterson
* I am an avid practitioner of the lost art of sauntering.
* I have a secret desire to stage dive/crowd surf, but fear that the people in the audience would take one look at my 6'-1" frame hurling toward them and choose simply to let me go crashing onto the ground!
Still with me?
A thumbnail sketch:
* I am a California (Los Angeles) native who grew up immersed in the surfing/skateboarding/rock music culture of the 1970's. From mid high school to the present, I have followed an artistic career path which exposed me to the disciplines of music, television production, interior design, fine art drawing & painting and finally, the wonderful world of photography, which I absolutely adore! One of the things I have learned is that sometimes it can take quite a while for one to find their ideal career path/life's work. In the mid 80's I got married and soon became the proud parent of a beautiful baby girl! My marriage lasted for 17 years until 2002, when my wife and I decided to separate. Since then we have managed to stay close... yes a break up can have a decent ending.
A closer look...
* I am an incurable romantic who would love nothing more than to take a nice leisurely stroll in the city, (at night & preferably with a companion), doing a bit of window shopping, or perhaps spending some time down by the ocean, (again, with a companion). Being a southern CA native, the beach became my religion long, long ago.
* A beautiful smile is my own version of Kryptonite, ie: I am immediately reduced to a puddle!
* Sundays are meant for only one thing- relaxing in a favorite cafe poring over the New York Times.
* Everyday is a great day to explore, always on the lookout for something new & interesting.
(If you've noticed that I often use the words "leisurely" and "relaxed" there is a very good reason; I try, as much as possible, to conduct a calm lifestyle. It just feels so much better to be in that mode.
* During the superbowl or the world series, you would more than likely find me at the Met.
* I am an avid people watcher and find the citizens of Gotham to be a never ending source of inspiration.
* My heart was formed in Southern CA., but my mind will forever be nourished by NYC.
* I've spent many years studying psychology, in both individual and group settings, and have found the journey to be incredibly enlightening, one that has no conclusion.
* The holidays are my favorite time of the year.
* I am a complete open book in terms of getting to know.
* I love to have deep & meaningful conversations about a whole range of topics: Art, Movies, Music, Architecture, Psychology, Culture, Life, Love, Relationships, Parenting & Children, but am also very good at just plain chilling out.
* A few of my favorite words... one's that I aspire to-
Communication, Honesty, Commitment, Investment, Compassion, Empathy, Fidelity, Humor, Appreciation, Love, Patience, Manners, Respect, Self-Awareness, Self-Improvement, Compromise, Intelligence, Humility, Optimism, Passion, Intimacy, Tenderness, Nostalgia, Sentimentality.
* This is, by far, my favorite combination of words:
Listening/Talking/Sharing & Connecting.