E. N. T./F. J. - (Not sure how much weight I put in the Myers Briggs but there you have it!)
I believe in the inherent good in people. I prefer in-depth conversations to superficial small talk. When I get caught up in my own petty life issues, I try to pull back, put things into perspective and realize how fortunate I am.
A few things that are important to me:
- Humor: I frequently laugh, whether its with others, at others or at myself. My Dad continuously quoted Oscar Wilde to me while growing up by saying "life is too short to be taken seriously." I believe this is true and think humor can be found in almost any situation.
- Honesty: I believe that a major part of treating a person with respect is being honest with them - even when the truth is uncomfortable or difficult to say. I think this also goes hand-in-hand with the ability to be an effective communicator - which is important in any kind of relationship. I tend to speak my mind in an honest and direct manner. Don't get me wrong, I am tactful and kind, I just don't do BS. And I really appreciate when others do me the same courtesy - even (and especially) when the truth is not necessarily something I want to hear.
- Health: Taking care of my body is extremely important to me. I believe in giving my body what it needs; water!, healthy food (pescetarian here), plenty of sleep and consistent exercise. I'm into strength training and weight-lifting classes - I can't get enough! It's great to feel strong. I also enjoy running in GG park, yoga, kick-boxing, hiking and dancing.
- Productivity: I am naturally a high-energy person and I enjoy keeping myself busy. I am a morning person and a coffee drinker! I love the feeling of getting a lot out of my day. I enjoy making to-do lists and get immense satisfaction in crossing things off of it. I am really excited to have just crossed "law school" off my list - graduated in May 2013 and have just taken (and passed) the grueling 3-day CA bar exam.
- My Values/Beliefs: I am liberal and I am passionate about my beliefs. I believe in women's reproductive rights, gay marriage rights, gender equality, social justice and equal treatment for everyone under the law. I vote. I have a lot of empathy and compassion for homeless people. I am very open-minded to other walks of life that are different from my own. I think we need to make law enforcement more accountable for their actions.
- I think we have a duty to stay informed with what is going on in our state, county and the world at large. I read and listen to a lot of news from varying sources and think it is very important to have an informed opinion and to care about the plight of others.