If you didn't want to date me, but you thought it would be cute to speak German with a 'dumb American' then you should message me!
Ich muss mehr Deutsch sprechen.
I'm a geek. A bricoleur, photographer, artist, hacker. I take absurdly high resolution photographs, I think microcontrollers are cool. I can cook better than average, and I give a good massage.
I'm also kinky, very open, and depending on the day somewhere on the spectrum from non-monogamous to polyamorous ,
I love okcupid for lots of reasons, and I like adding explanations to the questions, and reading other people's explanations.
I am curious about how things work. I like to create new things in hardware and software. I like to stay up late talking with other people, or just being inside my own head.
I like Dorkbot and Burning Man, tech shop, and robots.
My original okcupid profile is here: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ae53ght1kd0
I created this busy_seeing profile is an experiment. I am answering questions which I care about, and mostly being strict in the questions in specifying what I want in a potential match.
So if we have a high match percentage than we likely have interesting things to talk about.
I am fun, attentive, and imaginative.
I just read this okcupid blog post about lies: http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/
The last time I went to the Doctor I was 5' 8"...really :-)
A Fish Called Wanda is not the best movie of all time, but if you didn't enjoy it you probably are not qualified to chose the best movie of all time.
Dr. Who, semi-random things on netflix
Pho, Sushi, Mexican. I enjoy 'good' food, but I am not much of a foodie - I tend towards places like Clement street, or Mission Burritos.
The best music ever is Beethoven's 7th, performed live, preferably in Vienna. It is possible that I am guilty of some selection bias, but it is right up on the top of my list.
2. Engaged conversation. In spite of item 1, I have frequently had sex acts paused because one or the other of us mentioned something interesting and a conversation emerged during sex. Even at oddly intimate times :-)
3. Friends, and a community. When I have a partner there is a risk of my forgetting balance and not seeing my friends and community as much because I focus so much on my partner.
4. A grand passion - I generate those as needed. I tend to cycle around them, advancing each a bit as it comes around. Things like details of photographic lighting, or making electronic circuits, or programming. I move from one to the other, and back around.
5. Community events: conferences, parties, burning man. Both work related and pure pleasure.
6. I already mentioned sex, right? Then I'll give billing to my pretty nifty kids 13, 14, and 23 as of Dec 2011
And all of these things are done at some level of extreme.
I also do these portraits of other body parts, 'innocent' and explicit. The human body is fascinating, and I love seeing things in a picture that you can't see with your naked eye.
And message if you have read some of my questions and they describe fun things.
Note on ages...the evidence seems to be that I don't really care how old potential matches are, but I had to put in some numbers.
Oh...and the niftiest first date, but without being awkward, which I have been on was to take the ferry to Angel Island and ride bikes around the island - I would show up on almost any weekend to do that, with or without any serious dating intent...