I recently purchased a condo near the Chattahoochee River and now have walking access to the trails and the river. I'm getting back to my athletic roots and am currently training for an upcoming triathlon. I eat strict but like a couple of cheat meals during the week as well. I don't keep junk food around though. If you want a good night's sleep, swim a mile in the pool. You will swan dive into your bed - guaranteed!
Born on Valentine's Day - shouldn't I be able to play Cupid and find a great match? hmmmm.......please don't tell me I have to go back to trolling the bars of Vinings.......That gets old.
Atlanta native, former Marine, court jester (two of the three are true)
What I would like to find in a woman (and not):
1) someone that I can learn from and interests that differ from what I already know
2) open to trying new things they/me haven't done before; ie. sporting activities, spinning clay pottery, etc.
3) fiscally conservative, socially liberal (in most cases)
4) someone that can go with the flow, give a relationship time, and see what happens
5) My one "not" - I'm not looking to date someone with children. We all have our preferences here and this is one area I will not waiver on.
Things that make me go hmmmmm (random thoughts):
1) Why do dryers eat socks? I always end up with one or two missing.
2) How is it that Mom can fit a whole kitchen of dirty dishes into her dishwasher, and I can only manage a few plates, tupperware, and silverware?
3) Why does it, after a drying cycle, still take tupperware 5 days to fully dry?
4) How does Coinstar work internally? I shove pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters into it. How does it count them?
Greatest music video of all time:
Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
Ok, sitting at the pool this past Summer, some younger guys were hammering away on some beers. One guy says, "hey, watch this" and runs and jumps across the shallow end of the pool (about 15 feet across) and lands feet and knees first into the side of the pool. I jumped up to help him, and in total amazement, he wasn't hurt. He looked at me and said, "man, that was stupid." I said, "yeah, I did stupid things in my youth too." Here's your sign!"
My good deed moment:
Africa - Bujumbura, Burundi Marine Corps 1999 - bought all of the bread out of a bakery and passed it out to hungry children. One of the best feelings in my life!
Brush with a Celebrity Moment:
Hiking at Red Top Mountain about 1 1/2 years ago with my Great Dane Buster. I met Kevin Bacon as he was hiking with his dog. He was in town filming a movie. Pretty cool moment.
I am an avid outdoors person. I hike, hunt, and fish.Someone that meets me will have to be ok with the hunting and fishing. I'm not expecting to meet someone that hunts though. Women need weekend road trips with their girlfriends, right?
Favorite non-sports related activities:
Craft festivals, beer festivals, Vinings pubs and restaurants, Little 5, Va. High, wine tastings. I generally save my vacation days for the Spring/Summer as I love the beach.
My dating philosophy:
Slow is the way to go, do fun things together, learn about each other.
Don't be shy, just say hi!