New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
34 • Manassas, VA • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 32–42
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Mar 14
- 5′ 8″ (1.73m)
- Body type
- Christianity, but not too serious about it
- Libra, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Rather not say
- Wants kids
- Likes dogs
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Okay), Japanese (Poorly)
If the question is going for overall life pursuits, then I would have to say that I'm building a life of balance. My work is very important to me, but so are relationships and experiences. I manage my schedule like a puzzle, squeezing in kickboxing classes, dinners with friends, drinks with coworkers, and volunteering at my local library so that as many evenings and weekends are as full as possible. I hope you are this way too. I love to travel (preferably internationally, though there are plenty of US destinations that I really should've checked off by now...), cook (and by extension, eat), spend time drinking wine with friends, go on photography excursions, and in general, fill my days with lasting experiences (this includes many asides and parentheses). I'm also getting a bit more into fitness so kickboxing, kayaking, hiking, jogging (not yet a runner, but perhaps one day) are starting to take up more of my evenings and weekends. Let me know if you'd like to join!
Claim to fame: through an odd turn of events, if you ever see a redhead on a commercial for language learning software in the US, Japan, or Korea, it just might be me. Oh, and I created holiday M&Ms in 1986. Never saw a dime, but I got a letter from them thanking me for the submission. Two years later, you could buy Christmas M&Ms. I'm still a little ticked that I'm not a bajillionaire.
Learning enough of a language to get by (currently studying Turkish so I'm ready for my upcoming trip in the Fall and plan to pick up sign language--I'm already a pretty significant hand-talker so I may as well be doing something with it)
Making pies (though in all fairness, how hard is that, really? just dump some fruit, chocolate, sugar into some dough and you're good)
Trying new things (I want an adventurer, someone who is curious and hops out of bed in the morning because there's something to be discovered, even if it's just to meander around Georgetown for hours and people watch, though hopefully we can find something equally fun to do away from the city)
Being a friend (seriously, I rock--I remember birthdays, I bring presents for no reason, I'm a pretty good listener, and I tend to be a problem-solver even when people just want to gripe)
Having said all that nonsense, they're blue.
Oh, and I have red hair. That's kind of hard to miss as well. It's actually a little unfair because others have that natural mnemonic device ("Oh yeah, you're that girl with red hair."), whereas I am forced to find other distinctive features to remember people by ("Hey... man... you're that guy in the tshirt... It's been so long! How are ya?!?" *sheepish half grin with slight blush*).
Movies: Stranger than Fiction, Closer, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, V for Vendetta, Trading Places, Office Space, Major League, Crash (one of those "watch once a year" movies), the new Batmans, Inception, X Men 4, Usual Suspects, Zoolander, Big Night, Big Chill, Die Hard, Talented Mr. Ripley, True Lies
Shows: whatever Netflix recommends for me: Parks and Rec (I was called Leslie Knope as an insult once, but took it as a compliment!), How I Met Your Mother (I'm more of a Scherbatsky than a Lily, FYI), Better Off Ted, Lie to Me (new favorite show), The Office, Ted Talks (do those count?), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Seinfeld, Studio 60, West Wing (love that CJ Cregg shares my initials!), 30 Rock
Music: my brother's a musician so I listen to him for a lot of stuff, though often have a hard time remembering: Need to Breathe, Kings of Leon, Bon Iver, The Swell Season, Fanfarlo, Juanes, Luis Fonsi, Mana, Ben Folds, The Killers, Nina Simone, Paolo Nutini, Ray LaMontagne, Ryan Adams
Food: good grief, where do I begin??? Japanese, Italian, Latin American (Mexican, Argentinian, Spanish), Thai, anything with hazelnuts, cherries, or chocolate, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, Thanksgiving dinner, manchego/brie with spicy plum chutney, blackberry and chocolate pie (my recipe), butternut squash/pumpkin soups, fajitas, brunch brunch brunch (I don't branch out enough--it's usually eggs florentine or waffles)
1. Wine (sold wine for a few months in the DC area, discovered I'm not great at sales, but solidified a passion for wine--hence, you'll always find a fully stocked bar at my place)
2. Sound machine (I'm sorry, but who can fall asleep in absolute silence? It's impossible. Until I make my millions and buy a house in the Willamette Valley with a vineyard on one side and a creek on the other, it's the Brookstone babbling brook for me.)
3. Passport (my newest copy has far too few stamps in it--must remedy that promptly. We've covered Iceland, Canada (does that even count?), and Guatemala, but Turkey will be later this year. Hoping to add Croatia, Morocco, and Costa Rica soon. Where are you going next?)
4. Laptop (seems cheating to put this one, but without it, I'd be in a bit of trouble professionally)
5. My camera (while bopping around Asia in my 20s, I starting seeing things differently and wanted a camera that could come closer to what my mind saw. Enter: Rebel XT, which I'm still learning how to use... baby steps... Teach me some stuff and I'll bake you some banana bread.)
6. Something somewhat abstract, but I guess you could say, the ability to make others happy. For example, this year, all of my Christmas shopping was pretty much done by September. I made mental notes of things people mentioned and before I could forget, went out and bought/made whatever it was. It let all my friends and family know that not only did I listen when they commented on something, but made the effort to come through. I put a fair level of effort in making others happy and, in doing so, it brightens my own day as well.
That last one was kind of lame, forgive me.
What's the latest dish I can add to my culinary repertoire?
If you had a year to change your life and money wasn't an issue, what would you do?
How to keep up with all the off/online sources of input for myself and for my business.
What kooky fruit and veggie combo to try for my next juice (borrowed my bro's juicer to see if I can get into that... Stay tuned!).
How many different lists I have going and how they are mostly growing not shrinking (travel, work, writing, books, etc.)
Becoming a woman of the 1800s (having said all that tech talk earlier), you know, jamming, canning, growing things in pots, that sort of thing (I currently have a tomato plant, blackberry plant, and a bunch of herbs on my porch and I'm a bit frightened at how delighted I get to see them grow)
What people find when they Google me
-you want to do any and all of those dang groupon activities and need a buddy
-you accept that chicks dig Pinterest and that you may one day benefit from it
-you have the ability or desire to grow facial hair (not a requirement, but it's nice)
-you are passionate about something/anything that you want to teach me
-you think we'd get along and think you can keep up with me (the gauntlet has been thrown!)
--you can do more than one thing at a time, i.e. going to the gym and then going out to dinner could easily happen in one evening and wouldn't be too taxing for you
-you're the kind of person who listens and doesn't assume every girl is like your last girlfriend (she might be, she might not--give her the benefit of the doubt--she might surprise you)
-you are confident, not arrogant; spontaneous, not thoughtless; dependable, not needy; romantic, not gushy; driven, not a workaholic; funny, not childish. and tall. :-)
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.