Where do I start describing myself? I used to have a nice little paragraph of labels here, but most of them don't mean a whole lot by themselves.
Main factoids are stuff like:
- I am yet another of those people who got disgruntled, flipped a table, took three shots of whisky, and said, "Fuck the Midwest!" and moved out here. I've been playing hopskotch all over the rural sections of IL and WI and hated every moment of it, although I am a city/suburb person at heart, and so I'm finally here for my shot at having a life and career I actually enjoy. This is still a work in progress.
- I nerd out about science and politics, mostly automation/robotics in the former category and class equality in the latter. I am an unapologetic feminist and abject loather of pretty much everything that can be symbolized by a fedora. If I have to die, I want it to be in a blaze of patriarchy-smashing glory.
- I also nerd out about gaming. I play things. Which things? Many things! More on this elsewhere. (Not mentioned elsewhere, I love the shit out of some D&D and MTG, although I only play like once a year because I don't know anyone around me who also plays)
- I love doing things in the city and especially sightseeing stuff, eternal nomad that I am, but I am biased toward just hanging around at home with the Internet on the weekends because it's cheaper than driving out there by myself. I hate doing stuff alone that's supposed to be more fun in groups.
- I am looking specifically for a relationship, although I really won't turn down anyone who wants anything more casual. You want to meet up for coffee? Let's do this shit! There's a party or concert in town and you want a +1? Say the word and I'm ready! You want to get drunk and gatecrash a funeral? I'm already there! Having friends is awesome in itself, not a consolation prize for not getting laid, and I'd love to have a circle of regular friends to be part of out here and in person.
- I work 2nd shift until 3am as a manufacturing technician. Evenings Monday through Thursday are nonexistent, but 3-day weekends are good. Just a heads-up.
Also always looking for gaming buddies via Steam! (see some other section below for a better idea of which games)
Profiles and messages are fucking terrible ways of actually meeting people. I very rarely send out messages here, and I prefer to use the IM feature to get to know anyone. If you see something you like here, in which case congratulations on your impeccable taste, we should at least use the IM service a few times and then meet in person, because how else are you supposed to actually get to know anyone?