New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
34 • Victoria, British Columbia, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 24–49
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, casual sex
- Last online
- Yesterday – 10:48pm
- 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Body type
- Not at all
- Dropped out of high school
- Open relationship
- Strictly non-monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any
- Likes dogs and likes cats
I have changed a lot over the years.
I use to set up and promote punk, metal, folk, and hip hop shows for political bands. Now I write poetry, work out a lot, and live for books. It has been quite the journey. I grew up on a cattle farm in alberta, the same farm my mother grew up on; the closest town was under 700 people. I was bullied in school so I left at 15 and I was a street kid for years. Been sober and vegan for over a decade now.
I connect with different people on many different levels, and I try to be open to diverse possibilities.
I am polyamorous, and have two wonderful partners. I am 'open' to further relationships of different types if they happen. I am always open to play partners in particular,; and I am also open to (but not actively seeking) romantic relationships. I am primarily attracted to women, but am definitely open to all genders if it is the right person
I am generally a social person & run in many different circles, but I don't tend to do well in social environments that privilege cliques, competitiveness, or popularity. General rule of thumb is that if there is an in-group, I will be outside of it. I do far better with individual relationships than friends groups.
I love to read, I work in a book store, spent years organizing bookfairs, am trying to start a book distro. I am suppose to have a poetry book coming out (who knows when it will actually be finished).
I love to cook, and bake delicious vegan food, and am interested in studying nutrition. This ties into fitness.
I workout 5 to 6 days a week, free weights, calisthenics, and am just starting gymnastics. I did a lot of martial arts when I was younger too, and use to complete in Judo.
other than that, I write for an old punk magazine called Profane Existence, and have had my interviews and articles published in other journals like Earth First! magazine, Monday Mag, Street Newz, and various websites. I also contributed a chapter to an anthology about punk and hip hop called Rebel Music, which just came out (and includes intros by Chuck D and Chris Hannah).
I help people find what book they need to read, what record they need to hear, what people they need to meet, etc.
I have been described as both very mellow, and intense.
Also been told by many people I feel 'safe' which I take pride in.
People sometimes tell me they find me intimidating for some reason when they first see me, once they meet me it goes away pretty quick I think
* The Technological Society - by Jacques Ellul
* Steering The Craft - by Ursula K Le Guin
* Celtic Daily Life - by Victor Walkley
* Earthsea - by Ursula K Le Guin
* Gehena (Vampire The Masquarade)
* Clan Novel series (all 13) - (Vampire The Masquerade)
* His Dark Materials trillogy (The Golden Compass) - by Philip Pullman
* Liminal - by Natasha Alvarez
* Powers - by Ursula K Le Guin
* The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams
* Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - by Douglas Adams
* Wild Children – Domesticated Dreams: Civilization and the Birth of Education - by Layla Abdel Rahim
* Voices by Ursula K Le Guin
* Catastrophone Orchestra - A Collection Of Works
* Green Is The New Red - by Will Potter
* Catwings Returns - by Ursula K Le Guin
* Columbus And The Other Cannibals - by Jack D. Forbes
* The Beginning Place - by Ursula K Le Guin
* Malafrena - by Ursula K Le Guin
* Love and Liberation: An Animal Liberation Front Story Sarat Colling and Anthony J. Nocella II
* Anarchy and Christianity - by Jacques Ellul
Some Favorite Books:
Against His-Story Against Leviathan by Fredy Perlman, Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg, Shibboleth my Revolting Life by Penny Rimbaud, The Dispossessed by Ursula K Leguin, Whipping Girl by Julia Serano, Direct Action by Ann Hansen, Hello Cruel World by Kate Borenstien
Poets and Spoken Word
Lisa B, Janet Rogers, Greg 'Ritallin' Frankson, Chrystos, Julia Serano, Mathew Cook, Audre Lorde, Kelly Pflug-Back, Oscar Wilde, Jen Wickham, Christine Lowther
I listen to a lot of different music, mostly I listen to a mix of hardcore, crust, folk punk, folk, anarcho punk and radical hip hop.
- If I could have 3 wishes...
- Domestication & rewilding
- How people use space, how they take it up and how they are aware of it, how I use space as well.
- How intoxication culture and substance abuse/use are so prevalent and yet completely ignored, even taboo to talk about in a meaningful way
- sex (let's be honest, right?)
- what I am going to cook next
I had a vasectomy. So no kids for me, permanent birth control.
I am on permanent disability coverage, and haven't worked a paid job in years, If you are not ok with this, don't message me. I have been diagnosed with Ankelosing Spondalitus & Fybramialgia.
I don't know how to ride a bike, and don't really care anymore, I do know how to ride a longboard, and how to ride a horse, and to walk on my hands though, so...
Especially you are any of the following:
* You can teach me about tree species or you like to climb trees
* You would like to hear me read my poetry, or share your poetry with me?
* You are interested in straightedge or radical sobriety :)
* You are interested in fitness, nutrition, vegan athletics, etc
* You are poly or open and find me sexy
Also I don't have a cell phone, nor do I want one (apparently that's a big deal these days, ps- cell phones kill birds, and I would way rather have birds than a text message)
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.