Miamians are a flaky, superficial bunch -- there's a reason the Kardashians filmed a show here. A friend who moved here from Texas told me "Dating is hell here." But she didn't have it nearly as bad because she's straight.
The gays in Miami are particularly bad. If they're not at Twist every weeknight and then at [insert other sleazy gay club name here because I don't know any other ones] every weekend getting drunk or high, they are (in their simple minds) not living life to the fullest. Trying to find substance in the gay dating scene here is like looking for actual reality in reality television.
But while my dating experiences here may have left me a bit (ha!) cynical and jaded, it's not all gloom-and-doom... yet. And so here I am. Hoping to find another gay guy in Miami who detests the whole scene as much as I do. Or at the very least, someone who can't relate to the scenarios I described above.
Obviously I am not your typical Miamian. And probably even more obviously, I'm not your typical gay guy. And I'm proud of both those things. I am a smart, funny, non-scene guy looking for similar guys for dating and a potential relationship.
Here are some random factoids about me, in case you're still reading for some reason:
- I talk to myself. Out loud. At length. Often.
- It drives me crazy that when people pick up a "full" cup of something on TV and in movies, it is distractingly obvious that there is absolutely nothing inside the cup.
- Hipsters. Why?
- I'm a hardcore gamer. It's my form of stress relief.
- I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or aliens, but I still get scared that either of them will visit me in the middle of the night.
- I don't understand tea. It's nothing but dirty water.
- Green beans are the devil.
- I love, love, love Unsolved Mysteries. The original series with Robert Stack, not the crappy new version with that B-movie actor guy on it.
After several experiences, I've learned that I am not interested in the following:
- extreme liberals
- vegetarians, vegans, fruitarians, etc.
- all-weekend/every-weekend club/bar/party-goers
- hipsters (yes, twice)
- "artsy" types
- life coaches, whatever that is
- "new age" types
- guys who wear capri pants
So why am I on this site? Well, if my rant at the beginning of this epic wasn't clear enough, I'm here because I'm not going to find the type of guy I'm interested in at a club or bar. First, because I do not go to clubs or bars. Second, because the type of guy I'm interested in doesn't go to them either. Unfortunately, that cuts my chances of meeting someone in my regular social circles by about 97%. So I figure maybe the type of guy I'm interested in came here for the same reasons I did.