New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
36 • Pittsburgh, PA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–39
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 6:14am
- Native American, White
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Other, and very serious about it
- Libra, but it doesn’t matter
- Dropped out of space camp
- Rather not say
- Mostly monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), German (Poorly)
***I am *happy* to live alone and not have any kids. If cohabitation is your preferred goal in a relationship, better move along. I am also uninterested in random encounters (I have no communicable diseases and don't want any, thanks).***
My relationship goals are companionship, intimacy, intellectual stimulation, personal growth, and fun - goals presumably shared with many here. In my experience, friendship can be a route to greater intimacy, however if things don't work out or there is no interest, there's no reason to be disingenuous on either of our parts. I'm not playing that game.
Because of my preference for upfront communications, here's a list (some or all of which may be enlisted as topics for conversation):
– regularly have friends over for dinner parties/gaming nights, go visiting, or meet up at the local hangouts.
– play wargames with a local club.
– was in the SCA and have a long history in Star Trek fandom.
– am very socially liberal, but prefer fiscal realism (and
therefore, am not a Libertarian or a Republican or even a Democrat).
– am a Deist: I believe in a Creator... but I rejoice at maintaining a secular government in this country.
– enjoy shooting firearms (formerly took part in CMP service rifle matches), but I don't like taking life if I can help it.
– play tuba, sometimes in local jazz/swing bands.
– enjoy cooking, although I'm no chef.
– prefer dark beer and Old World fortified wines (tawny Port and sweet Marsala especially).
– smoke pipes and the occasional cigar (don't like cigarettes).
– hate the smell of marijuana... so, if that's you, have fun (just not around me).
– am not a neat-freak by any means. In my small apartment, I have a lot of eclectic and interesting stuff (as my friends say), and since I tend to go on auto-pilot, leaving things where they lay when I'm done with them, I must battle the clutter on an ongoing basis.
So, yeah, sometimes I'm an overly-opinionated and arrogant curmudgeon who really doesn't give a flying fuck, and other times I'm a lovable and endearing wacko. I make no apologies.
There's still a lot that I have not said - but we need *something* to talk about. :)
In addition, I hold a minor elected office... my family name may never live down the shame of it, but we all must serve at some point.
I'm also a pipe smoker, so chances are, if you see me out and about, I'll be puffing along merrily. I only smoke LEGAL stuff.
Right now I'm on a late romantic/classical period kick: tone poems and operas galore, interspersed with heavy metal and other distractions. I usually play tuba in jazz bands, though... one of these days I might actually be good at it. When I write, I tend to listen to a lot of dubstep, mostly just for background noise with a catchy beat.
I'm a Star Trek fan... and an unabashed Trekkie - and yes, I get dressed up and go to conventions. I hope to meet someone here who would (or does) enjoy that as well.
I make up my own recipes, some of which are apparently edible (and even appreciated) by others. Also, I have a few jugs of strange concoctions brewing at the moment... I think one's already FUBAR, unfortunately.
2. The ability to dream
3. The ability to travel
4. Independence of mind, body, and spirit
5. Parenthetical phrases, serial commas, and ellipses
6. Time and energy for all the things I do, and want to do
Unfortunately for the last, sometimes I have all the time I need, but little impetus. The reverse is also true. Money is no object, because I don't have any.
...being amazed at how many people are amazed that it's hot in summer, or cold in winter. Imagine that... wow.
...why no one laughs at surrealist humor anymore.
...the philosophy and science of what makes us human.
...political realities. I have long said that if people wish to see change in their government, then they need to run for elected office - even if it's only local office.
Hand-wringing over why something is impossible to undertake is futility in veritable inaction. Nothing will change if you do nothing to change it.
This isn't private, per se... I don't shout it from the roof tops (well, depending on the scene), but I don't hide it either.
...you've read my profile, and like what you see. I also like women who message first - it shows independence. :)
...you're actually moving forward with your life. If you're 35 and still don't know what you want to be when you grow up... maybe some day you'll grow up instead of just growing old. However, if you tried something and it didn't work out, so now you're moving onto something new – great! The important thing to me is movement (not necessarily success, lol).
I've done the casual sex thing in the past, but I find it rather boring now... so, no hook-up requests, please.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.