I'm a nerdy, dorky, pervy, workaholic with OCD and severe Peter-Pan syndrome who probably drinks too much and thinks way too highly of himself.
But I'm honest.
Because I don't want to waste anyone's time.
And sometimes I like to start sentences with conjunctions.
Sound: creating, recording, savouring.
The written word: Dabbling, devouring.
Videogames: playing, developing and audio directing.
Film: composing, consuming.
Art: learning, collaborating.
Photography: I'm a shameless photon thief.
When I'm not working on nor indulging in the 7 above-mentioned loves my other interests are:
Travel - local and abroad. Science (real and fiction) and general geekery. Responsible and inclusive environmentalism (aka: not the kind that alienates people and espouses pointless guilt). The random philosophy of drunks. Sensuality, sexuality and imagination. Bicycles, motorcycles and the open road. Hiking, camping and adventuring. Creative Escapism. Snowboarding, Scuba and anything involving speed. Even if I suck at it. Fantastic food - both cooking and enjoying. Chocolate. I have a wicked sweet tooth. Lucid dreaming.
- Evil monologues
- General swashbuckling
-My bionic arm.
Debussy, Stravinsky, Rodrigo, Ravel, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Imogen Heap, Radiohead, Passion Pit, Bloc Party, Eagles of Death metal, Pinback, Broken Bells, Freeland, Mastodon, Beastie Boys, ELO, Phoenix, Pixies, M83, John Williams, James Newton Howard, General Midi, Alpha Conspiracy, Hybrid, Death From Above 1979, Great Lake Swimmers, Various friends and colleagues
Tom Robbins, Dave Eggers, Salman Rushdie, Jose Saramago, Helen DeWitt, Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Dostoyevsky, Ender's Game, Iain Banks, Mikhail Bulgakov, Patrick Suskind, Kurt Vonnegut, Guy Gavriel Kay, Old SciFi (Bradbury, Asimov etc.), Harry Potter, Tolkien, Jordan, Pullman
Waking Life, Baraka, Prisoner of Azkaban, Anything Miyazaki, The new Star Trek, Anything Brad Bird - esp Iron Giant and Incredibles, Anything Jeunet, Most Pixar, V for Vendetta, Fight Club, Serenity, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Bourne Identity, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Quantum of Solace, Bound, Run Lola Run, Memento, Shawshank Redemption, Jacob's Ladder, How to Train Your Dragon (see it, seriously)
TV is fairly rare for me (I eschew cable) but I have some favourites on DVD/Netflix:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Mad Men, Community, Sherlock, Californication, Luther, BattleStar Galactica, Blue Planet.
- The epic adventure dream I had last night, starring Tricia Helfer as the flawed but big-hearted school teacher working with those spunky inner-city kids. Who can fly. And talk to animals.
-The art of the perfect run-on sentence.
Other than that, I'm either out getting obscenely drunk and dancing like a baby gazelle having a seizure or hosting an epic videogames night (Rockband!) with friends or possibly sitting on the beach having a quiet beer or jamming with a crew of musical titans who humor me because I serve great cocktails. Sometimes I watch movies. About stuff. With people.
And, especially, if you happen to fit into the meticulously and lovingly crafted categorical list of descriptions below:
2) Hot (mutual attraction and chemistry are critical)
3) Healthy/fit and planning to stay that way for life - like me.
4) Intelligent, well-read and able to make me laugh.
5) Passionate and romantic - I'm a hopeless romantic at heart so if you can't see magic in this world, we won't connect.
6) Nerdy like me; play video games out of genuine interest; enjoy science, sci-fi or at least some fantasy once in awhile.
7) Driven and passionate about your career and/or appreciate the fact that I am.
8) Equally comfortable camping in the woods or dining with the French Ambassador (this actually happened)
09) A little pervy, like me. :)
10) Enjoy occasionally lazing around watching movies together and not afraid to indulge in large amounts of chocolate and popcorn with me. We're committed to health but understand that balance is healthiest.