Things I like:
- Taking gorgeous photos of nature and architecture.
- Art museums.
- Anything new. I will try almost anything at least once just for the heck of it. And I will probably throw myself into it headfirst, because it’s go big or go home.
- Any excuse for costumes. Opera concert calls for gown, long white gloves and lots of giant jewelry. Trailer Park Bingo calls for various inappropriate outfits. Christmas party calls for lovingly hand-decorated terrible sweater.
- Shiny things.
- Value Village.
- Color. My living room walls are near-fluorescent green.
- Reading. Must always have something to read on me.
- Putting Songza to Today’s Urban Latin Hits or something and having my own one-person dance party in my living room.
- Putting a couple of hours straight on piano practice on a rainy day (Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor on organ!).
- Making order out of chaos. Making obsessively detailed alphabetized and categorized lists and spreadsheets of all things. Or alternately, injecting chaos into the situation to see what explodes...
Hah, one of these questions asks if personal growth is important to you, and I said critically important, then started to worry you’d think I’d be yelling at you to get your act together and make something of yourself, you slacker. Ok, no, what I mean by personal growth is extreme enthusiasm for doing, trying and learning everything.