Since I was having such a difficult time describing myself here, I decided I would post some of the interesting questions I was asked in a recent interview, with the hope that they would provide you with a little bit of insight into my being. If they do, great! If not, sorry.
1. If you were a tree (or animal) what kind of tree (animal) would you be?
I went with an animal on this one - a flying squirrel.
2. If you were a Star Trek (or Star Wars) character, which one would it be?
This one was easy. Since I never got into the whole Star Trek thing, I went with Star Wars. I would be Han Solo because he’s a rock star.
3. What is your favorite color?
Orange, but not day-glow orange. It's more like Hermes orange or Veuve Cliquot orange (my favorite brand of bubbly).
4. What is your favorite drink?
Non-Alcoholic – Green Tea or sparkling water
Alcoholic – Champagne! But for the bar scene, beer or vodka (I'm half Russian, after all)
5. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Protein shake, milk, juice, Pellegrino, condiments, dressings, veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese, turkey, hummus, white wine, champagne, and beer.
6. What is the last book you read?
"The Smartest Kids in the World" by Amanda Ripley
7. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
My paternal grandfather who passed away before I was born. He was the Russian translator for NASA on the Apollo 11 mission and knew Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong personally.
8. What was the last movie you went to see?
"Wolf of Wall Street." I thoroughly enjoyed it.
9. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
Huckleberry Finn - love his adventures.
10. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
11. If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?
I would be a Wagyu bull (the kind that produces Tajima or Kobe beef). It would be great to be fed sake and beer, be massaged once a day your entire life, and then experience a quick death. It would also entail that I would be able to live in Japan again (which I miss very much).
12. If you were a salad, what kind of dressing would you have?
Definitely a vinaigrette – any kind of vinaigrette.
13. If you were a car, what kind would you be?
An old VW Bug – Orange (go figure), with a white convertible top and a white interior. I would be named the Creamsicle.
14. What kind of people do you dislike?
There are no particular people I dislike, although I find some behaviors annoying - such as spitting, leaving dishes in the sink with the assumption that someone else will clean up your mess, being inconsiderate towards others, and disrespecting others. I dislike arrogance as well. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and (in my opinion) there are very few people who can walk that line successfully.
15. What makes you angry?
I try to handle problems as they arise so that they don't build up to the anger point, but there are certain things I have zero tolerance for – one of them being animal cruelty.
16. What's the most important part of the sandwich?
The satisfaction of biting into it.
17. Can you describe an atom?
It is like a microscopic version of our solar system.
18. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you?
Right now, I’m at about an 8 or a 9, but would be a 10 if I were able to find someone with whom I can share the rest of my life. (NOTE: I didn't say this in the interview. I just added the last part for the purposes of my profile here.)
19. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Dependable, sincere, determined.
20. How would you design a spice rack for a blind person?
I would put scratch and sniff labels on the container lids.
Some of my preferences that may or may not reveal anything:
Windows down over a/c
Standard over automatic transmissions
Tea over coffee (but I do enjoy a good espresso occasionally)
Apple over Microsoft/Android
Savory over sweet
Sparkling over still water
Soft and chewy cookies over crisp
White Christmas lights over color