Find better matches with our advanced matching system
25 • M • Highwood, IL
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 5:21pm
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Christianity, and very serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Has cats
- English (Fluently), C++ (Okay)
so... I guess they stand out? *shrug*
Books: The Four Loves (C.S. Lewis), Catch-22 (Joseph Heller), anything by Donald Miller, A Theory of Fun for Game Design (Raph Koster), The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald), The Irresistible Revolution (Shane Claiborne), The Tipping Point/Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell), Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury), the entire Calvin and Hobbes library. Currently reading It's Even Worse than it Looks (Mann/Ornstein), which I am deeply enjoying.
Movies: Most anything Pixar (except Cars), some classic avant-garde comedies (Holy Grail, Airplane!), some blockbusters (Inception, The Matrix, Avengers), some super-depressing indies (Once, The Lookout), etc. Fight Club's in there somewhere, although I'm still not sure how to categorize that one - or even if it can be categorized.
Shows: Daily Show, Colbert Report, Futurama, Jeopardy!, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Sherlock, Castle.
Music (with links!): I played drums for a long time, so there's a special place in my head for progressive metal (Tool, Opeth, Dream Theater, OSI) and industrial/electronic (NIN, The Glitch Mob). Other favorites: The Delgados, Gorillaz, Radiohead, Faunts, System of a Down, SHEL, etc.
Food: Dark chocolate, milk, most any kind of meat, pasta, sushi, pepperoni pizza (especially from Lucca Grill in Bloomington, IL).
And since this needs a games section anyway...
Games: Knights of the Old Republic I+II, Portal 1+2, the Half-Life series, Saints Row IV, Bastion, Team Fortress 2, SpaceChem, Warcraft III, and perhaps most importantly Mass Effect 1+2 (not so much the third one, and not just because of the last five minutes).
* Computer, powerful enough to handle Source-engine games at minimum.
* Internet access. Have to get on Reddit somehow.
* Caffeine via soda. If coffee is an acquired taste, it has eluded me.
* Lego. I even have a Lego CAD program on my laptop so I can "build" on the road. Never know when the bug will bite you.
* Some semblance of human contact. Introvert though I may be, I'm not a total loner (hey, I'm on here, aren't I?).
* A kitty!
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 19–27
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
* You can name your favorite Pokèmon, One Piece character, and/or Normandy squadmate
* You understand that the Bible was not written to (or for) 21st-century Americans, that it needs to be read through the requisite cultural and historical filters to be properly understood, and as such that what it says right there on the page usually isn't the whole story
* You understand that America is not and never was a "Christian nation," and that the government needs to act in a manner that accommodates and protects everyone, regardless of religious belief or lack thereof
* You can think of something a little more substantial to talk about/ask than a baseline "how's it going?" I don't do so well with small talk, and I'm a pretty open book to my friends besides, so I'd only respond like this (there's *always* a relevant XKCD)
* Bonus points if you don't use Internet Explorer :P
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.