Find better matches with our advanced
26 • Highwood, IL • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 20–27
- Located anywhere
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 5:09am
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Christianity, and very serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Strictly monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids, but wants them
- Has cats
- English (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly), C++ (Okay)
Driving 45 minutes into the city and back for a good church, and occasionally searching for an equally good one that doesn't require quite so much of a weekly trek.
Mustering the self-discipline to finish the books and games I'm in the middle of before starting new ones, and usually failing.
Cuddling with a clingy Himalayan cat named Garrus - although I usually call him "sweetheart" or "booger."
so... I guess they stand out? *shrug*
Books: The Four Loves (C.S. Lewis), Catch-22, anything by Donald Miller, The Great Gatsby, The Irresistible Revolution (Shane Claiborne), The Tipping Point/Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell), Fahrenheit 451, the entire Calvin and Hobbes library. Currently about halfway through No Place to Hide (on the NSA) and It's Even Worse than it Looks (on systematic dysfunction in Congress). ...yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.
Movies: Original Star Wars trilogy, because duh (and Revenge of the Sith was pretty good too). Lord of the Rings, also because duh. Most Pixar, most Marvel, Holy Grail, Airplane!, Fight Club, The Lego Movie.
Shows: Daily Show, Colbert Report (RIP), Futurama, Jeopardy!, Firefly, Arrested Development, 30 Rock.
Music (with links!): I played drums for a long time, so there's a special place in my head for progressive metal (Tool, Opeth, Dream Theater, OSI) and industrial/electronic (NIN, The Glitch Mob). Other favorites: The Delgados, Radiohead, System of a Down, SHEL, etc.
Food: Dark chocolate, milk, most any kind of meat, pasta, sushi, pepperoni pizza (especially from Lucca Grill in Bloomington, IL).
And since this needs a games section anyway...
Games: Knights of the Old Republic I+II, Portal 1+2, the Half-Life series, Saints Row IV, Bastion, Team Fortress 2, SpaceChem, Warcraft III, and perhaps most importantly Mass Effect 1+2 (not so much the third one, and not just because of the last five minutes). Just started Bioshock Infinite and so far it's been brilliant.
* Computer, powerful enough to handle most games.
* Internet access. Have to get on Reddit somehow.
* Caffeine via soda. If coffee is an acquired taste, it has eluded me.
* Lego. I even have a Lego CAD program on my laptop so I can "build" on the road. Never know when the bug will bite you.
* Some semblance of human contact. Introvert though I may be, I'm not a total loner (hey, I'm on here, aren't I?).
* A kitty!
* You can name your favorite Pokèmon, One Piece character, and/or Normandy squadmate
* You understand that the Bible was not written to (or for) 21st-century Americans, that it needs to be read through the requisite cultural and historical filters to be properly understood, and as such that what it says right there on the page usually isn't the whole story
* You understand that America is not and never was a "Christian nation," and that the government needs to act in a manner that accommodates and protects everyone, regardless of religious belief or lack thereof
* You can think of something a little more substantial to talk about/ask than a baseline "how's it going?" I don't do so well with small talk, and I'm a pretty open book to my friends besides, so I'd only respond like this (there's *always* a relevant XKCD)
* Bonus points if you don't use Internet Explorer :P
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.