Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Congratulations! You've won!
What have you won? A date with yours truly!
(Next paragraph to be read swiftly like a legal disclaimer at the
end of an ad.)
Some restrictions may apply. Must be 18 or older to win. Actual
eligibility and content of the date will be my sole
Seriously, I'm not so keen on the whole internet dating thing. I'd
much rather meet in person. This is just a tool to meet up with
people I might otherwise have missed.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Trying to make the most of it! =D
I grew up in Maryland, spent 6 years in California getting my PhD
in engineering with a focus on robotics
at UC Irvine. Now,
I'm developing humanoid robots at Sandia.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
My job, having hidden talents, being there for my friends, fixing
things, making inappropriate jokes.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Movies: I tend to like comedies
, Indie films
, superhero action
flicks, and the occasional drama. Some examples Death to Smoochy
, Little Miss
, Scott Pilgrim vs. the
, Up in the Air
TV: It's Always
Sunny in Philadelphia
, Arrested Development
Met Your Mother
, Married with Children
The IT Crowd
, Kill Hannah
, Three Days Grace
, DJ Tiesto
, Soundtracks, and much
pasta, flank steak
chicken enchiladas, stir-fry, Chinese, Thai, Indian.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Just your basic human needs in order from most to least
1. Oxygen (Not too hard to come by unless you're drowning or
somewhere full of smoke.)
2. Fresh water (A bit harder to come by. As long as the city
plumbing works, I think I'll be okay.)
3. Food (This takes up a surprisingly large chunk of my monthly
budget. And since I don't know how to grow or hunt my own food, I
may have to say I can't live without my job or savings and grocery
4. Shelter (Somehow as things are getting less important, they are
getting more expensive. Reminds me of the water-diamond
5. Love (The Beatles would argue that this should be the only thing
on the list. I get this from my family, my friends, my cats, and
hopefully from you. =) )
...that's only 5...oh
6. Music! (Not really a human need, but still very human. As long
as I've got my six-string (or iPod) on my back, I've got this
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
-How to use proper punctuation when using emoticons
-How to prevent my robots from taking over the world
-How to fix the homelessness problem in America. (er Hipster
problem I'm always getting those two confused.)
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Seeing where the night will take me. Some frequent possibilities in
- At a bar
- At a concert
- At a party
- At home playing guitar
- At home crashing after a long week
- At home wondering why I not doing something else on this
- At the gym
- Getting ready for a busy weekend
- On a date
- On a late night walk
- On a late night bike ride
- Some combination of several of the above
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I have both ADD and OCD. You can tell because I usually wash my
hands just once.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- You live in the ABQ area. But don't plan to live here your whole
- You like being active.
- You like animals.
- We have something else in common.
- Our Match % is above 70%.
- You're just trying to claim your prize.
(That last one reminded me of another)
- You can correctly use "your" and "you're" (or at least don't mind
when I correct you).
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.