Find better matches with our advanced
32 • Amherst, MA • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 23–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 3:19pm
- 5′ 4″ (1.63m)
- Body Type
- Not at all
- Sagittarius, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Art / Music / Writing
- Rather not say
- Relationship Status
- Open relationship
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly)
... Standard English spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word usage. I try not to be the kind of person who nitpicks about these things in casual conversation, but I am, in fact, a copy editor and proofreader by trade. So if you're uncertain about, say, the difference between everyday and every day, I'd love you to ask!
... word games and trivia games. Any party I throw is guaranteed to involve Trivial Pursuit, Boggle, or Scrabble. I sacrifice at least 20 minutes of my life to Sporcle.com every day. I'm good enough at trivia to have made it onto Jeopardy! ... and then lost on Jeopardy!. Really.
... certain yoga positions (but by no means all of them).
Yeah. Didn't expect that, did ya?
I'm not embarrassed or bitter about my disability, and I understand that it's the first thing about me that people see. But I'd like to find someone who's willing to look again and see the second and third and fourth things as well. (And, no, that's not a reference to my anatomy. Necessarily...)
Favorite movies? The Truman Show, Wayne's World, The Princess Bride, Parenthood, Little Man Tate, Trembling Before G-d, Brokeback Mountain, The Aristocrats.
Musically, I'm largely stuck in the '90s with the songs of my youth, and in the '60s and '70s with the songs from my parents' youth. But recently I've tried to venture into some new music. The current stars of my iPod include-- but are not limited to --Barenaked Ladies, They Might Be Giants, Talking Heads, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Indigo Girls, Billy Joel, Cat Stevens, The Beatles, The Monkees, Arrested Development, Simon with and without Garfunkel, REM, Counting Crows, Natalie Merchant, Alanis Morissette, Better Than Ezra, and Florence + The Machine. I know and care more about comedy than about music.
I'm a vegetarian (but it's okay if you're not), I have a sweet tooth, and restaurant dining is one of my favorite pleasures in life. I lived for a year in England and therefore inevitably developed a taste for Indian food. Thai is also good. I've always liked tea, and I've become more and more of a coffee drinker over the past few years. I don't claim to be a connoisseur of anything.
I currently watch and enjoy Parks and Recreation, Saturday Night Live, Breaking Bad, the BBC trivia show QI, syndicated reruns of various sitcoms, and, of course, Jeopardy!. My all-time favorite shows include Freaks and Geeks, The Twilight Zone, Friends, Arrested Development, Doug, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Ugly Betty, and The Kids in the Hall.
In recent years, I've discovered that the mundane tasks of life (dish-washing, waiting for buses, spam-deleting, what-have-you) are much more pleasant when I can do them while listening to smart people talk about fun things. I listen to a lot of NPR, especially Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me, This American Life, RadioLab, Ask Me Another, Monkey See's Pop Culture Happy Hour, and the Sunday Puzzle. And then there are some non-NPR podcasts: The Moth (Storytelling) Podcast, WTF with Marc Maron, Extra Hot Great, Risk!, How Did This Get Made?... The list keeps growing.
2. My aforementioned wheelchair and electric scooter.
3. Buses. I don't own a car, and I hope never to have to.
4. My laptop.
5. My Bag of Everything. It holds my money, cards, keys, phone, passport, checkbook, and iPod. If I have it, I'm fine; if I lose it, I'm screwed. (Is it cheating, to list this as one thing?)
6. The Associated Press Stylebook. I don't agree with everything it says (and I'm aware that this profile doesn't adhere to its guidelines), but I'm duty-bound to it at work.
You're most likely to get a response from me if:
1. You're fairly close to me in age-- say, between 23 and 38. I'm not interested in a relationship with anyone much older or much younger than I am.
2. You're fairly close to me geographically. We can get to know each other a little bit online first, but if we hit it off, I'm going to want to meet you. And for reasons I mention above (particularly lack of a car), for me to travel beyond the realm of the PVTA bus takes some planning and money. So I'm not interested in anything long-distance.
3. You write specifically to me, based on actually having read my profile. I typically don't bother responding to messages that say simply "Hey" or "How are you?" or "Want to chat?" And even if a message is long and full of pleasantries and compliments, I won't reply if I can tell that it's a generic form letter that the person probably sends out to dozens of strangers. I'm interested in interacting with individuals who have specific reasons to want to interact with me in particular. If something in my profile strikes you as intriguing / funny / attractive / relateable, mention it in your message, so I can tell that you've read the profile.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.