Summarizing a life is complicated. Instead, why not read a few snippets?
1. One of the best parts of living in San Diego were the Friday happy hours overlooking the beach. The oceanography institute served good beer, and everyone would come, hang out, and watch the sun set over the Pacific.
2. I went to the summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996, where it was hot as hell, and the greatest athletes from around the world were repeatedly subjected to American crowds dancing The Macarena.
3. I had an Italian roommate in Berkeley who'd make pasta for all the Italian grad students and postdocs (and me), after which we'd drive over the Bay Bridge en masse and go dancing in the city.
4. I celebrated one New Year's Eve by stealing a bottle of Bacardi 151 and stumbling along the beach in St. Thomas. I was 10.
5. One of my favorite memories of Paris was rollerblading around the city with hundreds of Parisians, accompanied by rollerblading French cops in uniforms and shorts. It was very innocent and communal.
I'm looking for someone intelligent, fun, progressive, and down-to-earth. Capacities for silliness and sarcasm appreciated in equal measures.