• I'm almost aggressively British, and yet currently living in a city where saying 'I'm sorry' for bumping into someone is regarded as a grave personal weakness. I remain sorry anyway.
• I prefer Oswin to Clara and Clara to Amy, but I'd pick River any day of the week.
• Reading The Catcher in the Rye makes me want to punch Holden Caulfield right in his stupid head.
• Home doesn't feel like home unless I have a copy of Edward Hopper's Nighthawks on the wall.
• I wear a lot of beige. I mean, a lot of beige. Enough that people sometimes think I'm going to some sort of theme party.
• I like to think I can make beige work.
• I prefer pizza to curry, piano to guitar, Spanish to German, paper to plastic, John Cusack to Johnny Depp, McDonagh to Molière, Stephen King to Charles Dickens, Christopher Reid to William Wordsworth, and little bits of Audrey Niffenegger to just about everything else.
I think that'll do for now.