The Interesting :
Played in several bands when younger, one of which signed to EMI publishing. Sadly alcoholism, gambling addiction, drug abuse, suicide attempts, bankruptcy and a motorbike crash saw off any further progression - and that was just the Drummer... The last band I was in once supported the Manic Street Preachers. (The fact I wasn't a member at the time is a complete irrelevance..)
The Not Quite As Interesting :
I'm an IT Consultant, and to my eternal shame & damnation usually work for those nasty Banks.. sorry..! Not particularly charitable or compassionate.. I did work for London Electricity for many years, which felt like a drop-in centre for homeless alcoholics, so hopefully my dues to society are not completely unpaid! The days of IT depts being staffed exclusively by dyssemic men in Uriah Heep t-shirts with 3-week-old bits of sicked-up pot noodle in their beards are thankfully behind us..
Recently (ish) separated after a 15 year relationship, I'm *temporarily* (until November) a working single father to 2 beautiful young children (4 & 9). This doesn't mean I can't "date", but it does mean texting me to say you'll be in Starbucks in Piccadilly in 20 mins if I fancy joining you is unlikely to have a successful outcome. Unless you actually want to *be* the babysitter.. in which case, thanks!! I'm off down the pub quiz.. ;)
The Trivia :
* Was born in 1960s Capetown, which considering my father's only real skill in life was starting Strikes (he's slightly to the left of Stalin.. and he 'hates' Britain.. yes - I AM Ed Miliband!!!) makes for an interesting tale.. Not many folk have been deported at 6 weeks old..
* Childhood in Brisbane, including being rescued from our roof during the floods in '74. Went to 15 different junior schools. ( My mother disputes this. She says it was no more than 13.. )
* Moved to UK shortly after, and settled in the cultural epicentre of the universe that is Blackpool. (the least said..!) Escaped to London aged 22, and never looked back.. okay, maybe a couple of times - mostly to check it wasn't following..
* Have travelled (mostly en route to Oz to see "Stalin") through Thailand, Hong Kong (okay, that one didn't take long!), Japan, Mexico and Central Europe.
* Studied Genealogy, and found I'm the 3rd cousin of The Beatle's original Manager, Allan Williams, and a direct descendant of Jane Seymour's Aunt (Henry VIII's wife, not the actress!)